2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
anyone that has ever closed a capital/big deal knows this is how it goes, the real closers come out in these moments unless there's a real non negotiable in play
Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure what's kosher to post now, but i'm thinking you have a star about to get some huge (well-deserved) $ from NIL, contingent (under Florida law) on enrolling. But ACT or whatever has put a kink in the early enrollment, so yeah you can sign, but NIL-benefits are not going to be available yet. So mom maybe says what if he sprains an ankle or even worse before then, is there still $? Well, nahh, Florida law. Maybe Deion says hey in Colorado (due to different law affecting high-schoolers) we can GUARANTEE the money on signing... something like that would certainly give PAUSE for thought, and seems justified, and we definitely have a PAUSE!

Advertisement
I have not see this posted, but I take it he is not an EE? Wherever he ends up he’s showing up for Summer sessions? Does anyone know?

Advertisement
Might not be able to collect checks until enrolled. I think Florida NIL laws might be different the other states but I am not sure.

Agreed.

If true, signing an LOI and not enrolling in a school could cost a lot of NIL money. The NIL deal may be contractually obligated to enrolling.

He might be on on hold right now, to get a guarantee he can fulfill his part of the NIL contract (enrolling).

Does the CO High School law apply to FL HS athlete?? I would think it applies to CO HS athletes only. Anyone know??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back