2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, who was expecting something? You or the ones who gave the information?

All I got from the past weeks was that we are pushing for guys and made an effort to sign them. That didn't happen and thats okay.

Theres no need to debate anything here, I agree.
Expectation, anticipation, impression, hope...they all kinda blend together on a frenzied day like Signing Day. I didn't place any limits on my expectations with Mario because of his track record in recruiting, even with the season we just had. He still did an amazing job in totality. When a player like Aguirre is almost an after thought in terms of how little he's discussed lately, you know you brought in some really good pieces.

WR is really the only complaint (specifically no one to play X) in an extremely deep year in the state.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who were we "expected to get" that we didn't get?

NOBODY said we were "expected to get" anyone. We were making efforts, no doubt.

"Expected to get" is bullsh!te.
Cribby gave the thumbs up for Adeleye and Hussey and while things changed for them they were still possible.. knowing Mario and the number of possibilities that had been mentioned, I'd "expect" we would land a few. Especially one or a few of Adeleye, Hussey, Joseph, etc, or some of the reaches like Denton or Jurrion or some other WR.

I shouldn't need to explain this to you all. Have you not been on the board the past week?

Some weird homerism comes out with some of you where you turn a blind eye to any lack of success. "No you either like the class or you don't, saying you were disappointed with the signing day alone is not allowed!!" - basically @WanderFranco and @RVACane trying to lock me into saying the I'm disappointed with the entire class when it's obviously an amazing class, and not allowing me to say anything negative about anything.

Expectation, anticipation, impression, hope...they all kinda blend together on a frenzied day like Signing Day. I didn't place any limits on my expectations with Mario because of his track record in recruiting, even with the season we just had. He still did an amazing job in totality. When a player like Aguirre is almost an after thought in terms of how little he's discussed lately, you know you brought in some really good pieces.

WR is really the only complaint (specifically no one to play X) in an extremely deep year in the state.
And if Thornton and Dubose do indeed happen (with Thornton being the bigger question mark apparently)... we're good here.

The first part has my full agreement.

Advertisement
I didn’t say that. I’m talking about when you’re expected to get people you don’t get.
The pest you are just 100% wrong about is where you are saying we didn’t get people we were expected to get. Looking good and expected are per far off. And having a chance isn’t even close to “expected”.

Sounds like what you are trying horribly to say is you expected an A+ but only got an A, so you’re disappointed….

Need context Bro?…. We entered signing day 3rd with No shot of 1st or 2nd. We were in 3rd and the goal was to finish the day in 3rd. Several teams got jumped except the top 3. We had Zero defections or decommitments on signing day with 3 critical additions. Maybe not a storybook finish, but far from Underwhelming.

Cribby gave the thumbs up for Adeleye and Hussey and while things changed for them they were still possible.. knowing Mario and the number of possibilities that had been mentioned, I'd "expect" we would land a few. Especially one or a few of Adeleye, Hussey, Joseph, etc, or some of the reaches like Denton or Jurrion or some other WR.

I shouldn't need to explain this to you all. Have you not been on the board the past week?

Some weird homerism comes out with some of you where you turn a blind eye to any lack of success. "No you either like the class or you don't, saying you were disappointed with the signing day alone is not allowed!!" - basically @WanderFranco and @RVACane trying to lock me into saying the I'm disappointed with the entire class when it's obviously an amazing class, and not allowing me to say anything negative about anything.
Lack of success and signing a top 5 class don't go hand in hand after going 5-7.

Amazing

Advertisement
How long does the early signing period last before his signing would have to be pushed back to February?

I love ya, man, but what in the actual fvck?

Of the pre-signing-day commits, we SIGNED all but one. And unlike some of the "winners" (cough, cough, F$U), we didn't actually LOSE Cormani as a flip.

In the meantime, ON SIGNING DAY, we picked up a 4-star CB rated #187 overall, a punter, and Mauigoa and Gore in the Portal. HOW IN GOD'S NAME does that make us one of the biggest losers? Even if you JUST limited yourself to "Cormani flipped, but we got Damari", we still would have signed a CB, just the #187 overall instead of the #2 overall. Meanwhile, "winner" F$U lost their second-best recruit (#81 overall) and got NO REPLACEMENT for him.

AND F$U is sitting on 16 high school signees, with ONE 5-star, for the #17 overall class. Miami has 26 signees and verbals, with THREE 5-stars, for the #4 overall class.

And somehow, F$U is a "winner" and Miami is a "loser" (even with an asterisk).

How does any of THAT make sense? Ivins is a complete hack.
I agree. Signing day should be about all the kids who signed not who flipped kids on the last day lol FSU is winner but ranked 17th lol I'll take our "loser" class all day. We landed two big fish earlier in the week (Samson and Bain) Who announcing was supposed to pick Miami besides Brown (who we landed). All the flip stuff was hopeful at best. Our insiders had already told you who was coming and who wasn't. Get Cormani to sign and this class is incredible. Use the rest of the cycle to focus on big fish who are holding out until February and portal kids.

Advertisement

Look, your own words are what hang you. You want to own opposite ends of the spectrum. You are trying to look like a good guy ("it's obviously an amazing class") while continuing to bleat out complaints ("lack of success" and "disappointed" and "anything negative" and everything else you've been moaning about).

Your "expectations" are the problem. Why do you "expect" anything? Because Cribby told you to expect something? WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Adeleye is a transfer. Hard to evaluate that, due to the constrained timeframe. Can't build long-term relationships. I don't give a **** how much someone gave a "thumbs up", transfers will always be a crapshoot. Don't ever "expect" to get a transfer until he signs.

As for HS recruits, it's a different calculation because you recruit (and visit) over such a long timeframe. It's more valid to have "expectations" for those kinds of situations. But Hussey and Joseph would have constituted flips, which means you are not just building your own relationship, you have to overcome another relationship too. At least you know a Portal player has left his prior school, with a flip candidate who has not yet decommitted, it is a trickier process.

Having said that, I have never raised my expectations on any (failed) flip candidate except one (there was another one, but he completed the flip), and that was based on hearing things about the NIL he was attempting to set up. Of the three players I was told to expect during the Bethune-Cookman weekend, two of the three just signed with Miami. So only one of my "expectations" based on real information failed to come to fruition.

As for undecideds, the only one on which I had any expectations ALSO signed with Miami yesterday, and my expectation was based on knowing his father and knowing that he could see through the pitches of most other schools.

"Thumbs ups" are fine and all, and it's great to know we are in the game with so many recruits, but you really need to dial your "expectations" back to about the 50-50 level unless you have very specific reasons to have greater confidence.

It's all good, man, I'm not mad at you. I could pull a bunch of my DMs to various posters and prove everything I just said above. I'm disappointed in ONE player not completing his flip flirtation, and I've been confident for months that another player would pick UM eventually. Other than that, it's "win some, lose some".

Would I love to have six 5-stars and the #1 overall class? Sure. But Mario did an amazing job for coming off a 5-7 year and having every poisonous snake in the country (corches at Alabama, Georgia, Colorado, F$U, Florida, and others) dirty recruit us. It will be fun to see what happens next year, because Mario is relentless and holds grudges.

And I can't emphasize those last two words enough...

I noticed you didn’t stop at Top 10

Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Advertisement
Look, your own words are what hang you. You want to own opposite ends of the spectrum. You are trying to look like a good guy ("it's obviously an amazing class") while continuing to bleat out complaints ("lack of success" and "disappointed" and "anything negative" and everything else you've been moaning about).

Your "expectations" are the problem. Why do you "expect" anything? Because Cribby told you to expect something? WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Adeleye is a transfer. Hard to evaluate that, due to the constrained timeframe. Can't build long-term relationships. I don't give a **** how much someone gave a "thumbs up", transfers will always be a crapshoot. Don't ever "expect" to get a transfer until he signs.

As for HS recruits, it's a different calculation because you recruit (and visit) over such a long timeframe. It's more valid to have "expectations" for those kinds of situations. But Hussey and Joseph would have constituted flips, which means you are not just building your own relationship, you have to overcome another relationship too. At least you know a Portal player has left his prior school, with a flip candidate who has not yet decommitted, it is a trickier process.

Having said that, I have never raised my expectations on any (failed) flip candidate except one (there was another one, but he completed the flip), and that was based on hearing things about the NIL he was attempting to set up. Of the three players I was told to expect during the Bethune-Cookman weekend, two of the three just signed with Miami. So only one of my "expectations" based on real information failed to come to fruition.

As for undecideds, the only one on which I had any expectations ALSO signed with Miami yesterday, and my expectation was based on knowing his father and knowing that he could see through the pitches of most other schools.

"Thumbs ups" are fine and all, and it's great to know we are in the game with so many recruits, but you really need to dial your "expectations" back to about the 50-50 level unless you have very specific reasons to have greater confidence.

It's all good, man, I'm not mad at you. I could pull a bunch of my DMs to various posters and prove everything I just said above. I'm disappointed in ONE player not completing his flip flirtation, and I've been confident for months that another player would pick UM eventually. Other than that, it's "win some, lose some".

Would I love to have six 5-stars and the #1 overall class? Sure. But Mario did an amazing job for coming off a 5-7 year and having every poisonous snake in the country (corches at Alabama, Georgia, Colorado, F$U, Florida, and others) dirty recruit us. It will be fun to see what happens next year, because Mario is relentless and holds grudges.

And I can't emphasize those last two words enough...
Perfect!
Can't up vote this enough.

Just seems odd that there would be any drama since he’s handled his recruitment so well up to this point. There may be a legitimate reason that he postponed and all this other talk is just reporters being strung along or making up **** for a story. I suspect we’ll find out eventually. Hopefully it gets all wrapped up today for the good guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back