2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deets on the smoker?
Grilla Silverbac pellet grill. I know, I just don't have time for a stick burner and my brisket comes out just fine.

I've had it for 6 years, left it in the rain uncovered, caught it on fire once. Only problems I've had were due to me not doing proper maintenance (pellets got damp and bricked the auger bc I didn't clean it and it sat for a few months).

They did sell to a larger company a year or two ago, but their customer service was great before that. I can't speak on it since they sold bc I haven't needed anything.

Screenshot_20210730-115304_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
What kind of smoker you running? I’ve got the Masterbuilt 1050 Gravity Fed. Eventually will get an offset when I get more time on my hands and kids are older.

Edit: just saw you answered lol.
How do you like the gravity fed? Been eyeing the masterbuilt for a while but haven't pulled the trigger

Grilla Silverbac pellet grill. I know, I just don't have time for a stick burner and my brisket comes out just fine.

I've had it for 6 years, left it in the rain uncovered, caught it on fire once. Only problems I've had were due to me not doing proper maintenance (pellets got damp and bricked the auger bc I didn't clean it and it sat for a few months).

They did sell to a larger company a year or two ago, but their customer service was great before that. I can't speak on it since they sold bc I haven't needed anything.

View attachment 221861
Outside of ****y and *** pics, food **** is my next fav thing that looks **** good

Advertisement

View attachment 221861
Pellet smoker?!?

boo-this-man-561535942.gif

:D:D

How do you like the gravity fed? Been eyeing the masterbuilt for a while but haven't pulled the trigger
I like it. It’s a little different than the pellets. Pretty versatile, consistent cooks. Just did a prime rib on it the other night. Do smoked Chuck roasts for pulled beef and poor man’s brisket a lot.

There’s a lot of mods and tricking out you can do to it to reinforce the firebox and the manifold, etc. Chargriller or whatever is now owned by the same company and they have the same gravity fed concept in one of there’s. I typically used it for smoking, but like that I can use it as a normal grill and sear on it too. Gets up to like 650. Usually Walmart will run them on clearance from time to time when they are clearing out for the Christmas stuff.

Advertisement
I never thought that any Miami coach would EVER be able to get a 5 star and #1 ranked CB kid from from Lakeland.

I never thought that kid would pick us over Florida AND Bama.

I never thought that months later, just weeks before signing day, we’d be able to hold off Bama and Saban from getting the kid to decommitt, let alone visit.

Even now, I find myself saying “no shot in **** we get this kid back on board…he’s gone” but Mario is relentless. Mario is inevitable.

Attachments

• D7D4CE17-E00A-4E32-83FA-B4F0C8B3B96D.gif
    D7D4CE17-E00A-4E32-83FA-B4F0C8B3B96D.gif
    53.7 KB · Views: 13
About to throw these bad boys on the smoker.

View attachment 221845

Just trying to cheer some of y'all up.
I did 2 60 day dry aged ribeyes tonight in the sous vide and seared them in duck fat. I feel like a **** for not taking pictures now.

Edit: these looked pretty good when I was done (not much here), but since @Baba Yaga showed his, I feel like I had to show something.

D1165C8A-FFDA-4120-B0D7-09C7CBDF9FEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing beats smoking on the big green egg with the right wood mixed in with the lump. If you can control the temp, you are golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back