2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
dont forget jesse armstead as an ultra high recruit

iirc he may have been #1 nationally that year
I would love to have an archive of all those old recruiting publications. One thing (from my admittedly limited search) we don’t do well is electronically archive all of the old media guides, they may be somewhere but I haven’t found them. You go to any SEC website and like FSU and you can find em (easily) all going back into the 70s/80s. I’ve looked at them mostly because they include the freshmen bios and it’s interesting to read the “why *** chose (insert school)” for the dudes from the tricounty who predate my existence.

Advertisement
Jammi German was the

6th on 247 (since 2000). Mauigoa is 7th.

DJ, Seantrel, Willie Williams, Ryan Moore, Kyle Wright are top 5
Jammi German has to be Top 2-3....USA Today HS Player of the Yr. The Inaugural Mr. Florida FB Award, & MVP of the FL vs Georgia HS FB game. Everyone in America wanted him.

I would love to have an archive of all those old recruiting publications. One thing (from my admittedly limited search) we don’t do well is electronically archive all of the old media guides, they may be somewhere but I haven’t found them. You go to any SEC website and like FSU and you can find em (easily) all going back into the 70s/80s. I’ve looked at them mostly because they include the freshmen bios and it’s interesting to read the “why *** chose (insert school)” for the dudes from the tricounty who predate my existence.

Agreed. I didn't save the recruiting publications, but I kept a bunch of UM Media Guides. It's something I am going to try to talk to Dan Radakovich about. I used to buy one of the UM Media Guides every year with my season tix, and then Beta Blake stopped publishing them (at least in large numbers). The Media Guide player bios usually listed all of the recruiting accolades.

We always used to get a few dozen Media Guides at The Miami Hurricane newspaper and Ibis Yearbook (pre-internet-days) for the sportswriters to use, and we'd usually just steal a copy or two for our personal use. I may have lost some of mine, but I think I saw the 1986 one in a box while I was moving recently.

Just need to lay hands on some old ones and then digitize them all.

I think the Hurricane Sports website has about the last 10 or 12 years worth, maybe a bit more, but only since more modern technology. I don't think anyone has made the effort to go back to the 90s and earlier, the days before we had computer graphics and layout.

Try to explain to younger folks about how we had to do newspaper layouts with hard copy, non-repro layout paper, and HOT WAX. ****, I used to own Exacto knives, just for working on newspapers and yearbooks.

Hmm…I think between my brother and I we have all the old recruiting guides from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. I know we have Whitakers and Forrest Davis Deep South Recruiting guides.

Advertisement
Hmm…I think between my brother and I we have all the old recruiting guides from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. I know we have Whitakers and Forrest Davis Deep South Recruiting guides.

I think Street & Smith was the gold standard for a while. Trying to remember some of the other names. Athlon was up there too.

Agreed. I didn't save the recruiting publications, but I kept a bunch of UM Media Guides. It's something I am going to try to talk to Dan Radakovich about. I used to buy one of the UM Media Guides every year with my season tix, and then Beta Blake stopped publishing them (at least in large numbers). The Media Guide player bios usually listed all of the recruiting accolades.

We always used to get a few dozen Media Guides at The Miami Hurricane newspaper and Ibis Yearbook (pre-internet-days) for the sportswriters to use, and we'd usually just steal a copy or two for our personal use. I may have lost some of mine, but I think I saw the 1986 one in a box while I was moving recently.

I think the Hurricane Sports website has about the last 10 or 12 years worth, maybe a bit more, but only since more modern technology. I don't think anyone has made the effort to go back to the 90s and earlier, the days before we had computer graphics and layout.

Try to explain to younger folks about how we had to do newspaper layouts with hard copy, non-repro layout paper, and HOT WAX. ****, I used to own Exacto knives, just for working on newspapers and yearbooks.

i

Attachments

• 6FE16211-F9C4-4D54-9EB5-80FB760FC269.jpeg
    6FE16211-F9C4-4D54-9EB5-80FB760FC269.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
dont forget jesse armstead as an ultra high recruit

iirc he may have been #1 nationally that year
He was #1 overall nationally his year. Him and DJ are the #1 consensus we’ve had.

Yes Jammi German was USA Today National DPOY. Back then stuff like USA Today and Parade Magazine was the equivalent of what we look at as 5* recruits today.

Cormani could win National DPOY this year as he’s easily the best defensive recruit in the entire nation IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Florida losing Cormani to us is the equivalent of us losing Patrick Johnson to LSU many years ago. It feels good to finally be on the good side of one of these.

It couldn’t have came at a better time either. F*** Florida.
Exactly plus we play them in 2024 & 2025 to make it that much sweeter

I’ve seen some analysts compare him to Charles Woodson!
Well I don't know that far lol but I think they get that from his ball skills how he scores TDs after he gets the ball into his hands. I think a skinnier Pat Peterson is perfect comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back