2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Only Travis Hunter competes

Literally.

People saying James Williams, not even in the same stratosphere. JW was committed to us at one point, a local kid who has a family full of Canes.

We just got a verbal from the #1 defensive prospect in America while we are 3-4, from a kid at a school that is arguably the biggest UF feeder school in the country. We’ve never seen anything like this for UM, not even close.

Advertisement
ARE YOU FCKIN KIDDIN ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

First, let me start by taking a L; I absolutely thought he was picking UF & had even heard he told them he was committing to UF, under no circumstances did I think it was possible to pull a high ranked kid from Lakeland, let alone a high caliber 5-star at that, I was wrong.

Second; HOLY SHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!! Did we for real just land a 5-star CB?!?!? Something that hasn’t been done in a decade! The last one was Tracy Howard in the 2012 class & if Cormani sticks with his commitment he will officially be the 6th highest ranked recruit we’ve ever signed in school history.

Thirdly; HOLY SH******TTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Fourth: This kid is the most ELITE CB prospect we’ve signed (if he sticks) coming out of HS since Artie Burns & Kelly Jennings. He’s a polished pure cover corner with spectacular Ball skills having over 21INT’s in the span of 2 seasons over his Soph/Junior year, his Balhawking ability is what sets him apart from nearly every CB recruit in both the 23 & 24 classes.

He plays with phenomenal hip fluidity & displays excellent coordinated transitional footwork while in phase, he’s one of the few HS CB’s I’ve seen utilize T-Step breaks properly & does a fantastic job baiting the QB. He primarily uses Bail technique even when playing Press Man, but due to his extraordinary arm length & quick feet he can give up to 5 yards of cushion even in Press & still stay in his WR’s hip pocket. Idk if he was taught this or if he just does it naturally, but his ability to mirror & play towards the outside shoulder is textbook deceptive coverage & large part as to why he gets so many INT’s, he creates the illusion that the WR’s is open & while reading the QB’s eyes he breaks on the ball before the WR has even finished with his stem, his route recognition is A+.

He’s a future 1st round draft pick, if this kid doesn’t develop into a day pick something went terribly wrong, because he has every tool possible to be an ELITE All-Conference player & 3 & done prospect. Doesn’t have ideal speed, but he’s in the 4.5 range & due to his long limbs covers a ton of ground as a long stride runner.

He’s the quintessential Field Corner that you leave on an Island & let him cover the opposing team’s best WR all game.

My comp: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardener

This is a game-changer, having a lockdown cover corner gets downplayed so much simply because people really don’t understand how difficult the position is & how much impact a great CB has on the game, but when you can chop one side of the field in half & take away a QB’s best option (especially in today’s passing era) it completely changes the dynamic of the game & forces Offenses to take a different approach with their attack plan. Everyone drools over trench play & I get it, but without competent coverage on the backend it really doesn’t matter how many 5-star pass rushers you have upfront, look no further than the Bama vs Tenn game; DLine full of NFL caliber rushers & run stoppers, but their Secondary has multiple guys who lack the coverage skills & don’t have the speed to Defend against teams with a real receiving threat.

Ultimately, major props go to Mario & DVD, they pulled off the unthinkable, now all they have to do is hold on for 2 more months & get his signature on ENSD & this might be one the top 5 biggest recruiting lands in school history IMO. The contrast we’re going to see in CB play from what we’ve been seeing over the last 4 years is going to be glaring & some of yall will finally get to see what Good CB play actually looks like.

Signing this kid will be a special moment for this program, it really can’t be understated how huge this is, because we’ve had several elite players & 5-stars commit/sign over the years, but 5-star CB is raaaaaare air for Miami.

Seismic recruiting win on the trail; LFG!!!!!

d6dlqr8-12aea76f-3883-429f-81ec-b965944fbd31.gif
Breh, you went from mope to slurp in one post.

You got to give the people what they want.

Me and LCE seeing each other at the 'shop after beefin for a minute after this news.

gang-handshake.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ARE YOU FCKIN KIDDIN ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

First, let me start by taking a L; I absolutely thought he was picking UF & had even heard he told them he was committing to UF, under no circumstances did I think it was possible to pull a high ranked kid from Lakeland, let alone a high caliber 5-star at that, I was wrong.

Second; HOLY SHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!! Did we for real just land a 5-star CB?!?!? Something that hasn’t been done in a decade! The last one was Tracy Howard in the 2012 class & if Cormani sticks with his commitment he will officially be the 6th highest ranked recruit we’ve ever signed in school history.

Thirdly; HOLY SH******TTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Fourth: This kid is the most ELITE CB prospect we’ve signed (if he sticks) coming out of HS since Artie Burns & Kelly Jennings. He’s a polished pure cover corner with spectacular Ball skills having over 21INT’s in the span of 2 seasons over his Soph/Junior year, his Balhawking ability is what sets him apart from nearly every CB recruit in both the 23 & 24 classes.

He plays with phenomenal hip fluidity & displays excellent coordinated transitional footwork while in phase, he’s one of the few HS CB’s I’ve seen utilize T-Step breaks properly & does a fantastic job baiting the QB. He primarily uses Bail technique even when playing Press Man, but due to his extraordinary arm length & quick feet he can give up to 5 yards of cushion even in Press & still stay in his WR’s hip pocket. Idk if he was taught this or if he just does it naturally, but his ability to mirror & play towards the outside shoulder is textbook deceptive coverage & large part as to why he gets so many INT’s, he creates the illusion that the WR’s is open & while reading the QB’s eyes he breaks on the ball before the WR has even finished with his stem, his route recognition is A+.

He’s a future 1st round draft pick, if this kid doesn’t develop into a day pick something went terribly wrong, because he has every tool possible to be an ELITE All-Conference player & 3 & done prospect. Doesn’t have ideal speed, but he’s in the 4.5 range & due to his long limbs covers a ton of ground as a long stride runner.

He’s the quintessential Field Corner that you leave on an Island & let him cover the opposing team’s best WR all game.

My comp: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardener

This is a game-changer, having a lockdown cover corner gets downplayed so much simply because people really don’t understand how difficult the position is & how much impact a great CB has on the game, but when you can chop one side of the field in half & take away a QB’s best option (especially in today’s passing era) it completely changes the dynamic of the game & forces Offenses to take a different approach with their attack plan. Everyone drools over trench play & I get it, but without competent coverage on the backend it really doesn’t matter how many 5-star pass rushers you have upfront, look no further than the Bama vs Tenn game; DLine full of NFL caliber rushers & run stoppers, but their Secondary has multiple guys who lack the coverage skills & don’t have the speed to Defend against teams with a real receiving threat.

Ultimately, major props go to Mario & DVD, they pulled off the unthinkable, now all they have to do is hold on for 2 more months & get his signature on ENSD & this might be one the top 5 biggest recruiting lands in school history IMO. The contrast we’re going to see in CB play from what we’ve been seeing over the last 4 years is going to be glaring & some of yall will finally get to see what Good CB play actually looks like.

Signing this kid will be a special moment for this program, it really can’t be understated how huge this is, because we’ve had several elite players & 5-stars commit/sign over the years, but 5-star CB is raaaaaare air for Miami.

Seismic recruiting win on the trail; LFG!!!!!

d6dlqr8-12aea76f-3883-429f-81ec-b965944fbd31.gif
been waiting all day for this. Is it safe to say we havent seen a CB that can impact a game this much since Patrick Peterson? Or did I take it too far😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back