2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is the truth. And you can hate working out with all your heart, but still work harder than everyone else. I recall seeing a video of Kobe Bryant at a camp telling kids to work hard. One of the kids ask if he knows anyone who is successful that hates training and practicing. He said Serena Williams. He expressed that he was shocked Serena felt that way because her regimen is insane. However, he said that she always told him that she works out that way because she hates losing more. You don’t make it to that level being lazy. Some athletes lose focus and lack motivation to continue working hard.

Off topic but one athlete I do think was always lazy was Kendrick Perkins. I know it’s random but he was lazy.
Unless you are Lawrence Taylor.
I read his book in HS and was shocked he could perform like he did with all the **** he was doing.
I.e Staying out all night doing drugs, missing practice, rarely lifting. I don’t know how much of it was true, I have a hard time believing someone could play at his level carrying on like he did, even though he was a physical freak.

Unless you are Lawrence Taylor.
I read his book in HS and was shocked he could perform like he did with all the **** he was doing.
I.e Staying out all night doing drugs, missing practice, rarely lifting. I don’t know how much of it was true, I have a hard time believing someone could play at his level carrying on like he did, even though he was a physical freak.

There are always outliers but before Taylor got drafted he worked hard to get there. He just took partying to the extreme once he got famous. Now I did catch Michael Strahan’s interview on I am Athlete, and although he admitted that Taylor rarely showed up to practice, he said when he did he was the hardest worker there. I guess he got away with what the Giants allowed him to get away with.

Advertisement
Why is that being announced by Newberg as if it were some new development? It being a Bama v. Gators race, with a few stragglers like Miami far back, has been known for a long time.

Most people only read a headline or watch a video like his. People typically don't follow recruiting day in and day out.

Advertisement
When people was getting all hot n bothered off his visit here I said don’t get your hopes up. It’s been Bama for a minute,. Maybe UF made up some ground but Bama has been the lead dog.
Is he all Bama b/c of Saban and getting CBs to the league or is it extra benefits?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mcclain is as talented as they come but i Don’t really care, elite cbs get beat in college too( i love Stevenson but Stevenson was an all everything 5 star and he gets beat occasionally) and that’s okay, it can happen to anyone. With that being said elite cbs are Not real difference makers on the field because you can get similar results from others imo. Give me the elite front 7 player, OT, qb or receiver any day

Last edited:
Not real difference makers on the field.

34981D58-FA06-46CB-B784-05FE71CD1B90.gif

Whatever you gotta tell yourself playa lol.

View attachment 208429
Whatever you gotta tell yourself playa lol.
They not, 2018 we had the #1 pass rated defense and in the year prior a top 20 passing defense, who was the elite corner then? Didn’t matter right? And we still had elite secondary play, Just saying elite players at those other positions impact the game more and they do.

There are always outliers but before Taylor got drafted he worked hard to get there. He just took partying to the extreme once he got famous. Now I did catch Michael Strahan’s interview on I am Athlete, and although he admitted that Taylor rarely showed up to practice, he said when he did he was the hardest worker there. I guess he got away with what the Giants allowed him to get away with.

The Cocaine Cowboy chronicled how he used to get OJ Simpson all messed up on coke and girls the Saturday before a game, fly his *** right before kickoff, and watch him run for 200 yards that day. Some dudes are just freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back