2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario should tell him "Son, the day you step on Greentree, you ARE one of our starting CB's. The only way you lose it, is if someone takes it from you and you let them". Gotta get players like this at all costs.

Advertisement
The greatest athlete of our generation, Bo Jackson, had the worst work ethic. For exceptional athletes, work ethic is not absolutely required. For average to above average athletes, you need to work your *** off.
Who said that about Bo Jackson?
I was told the same sht about Randy Moss but multiple people said that it wasn’t the case.

Advertisement
If we got a kid like this that changes everything. Not to thread jack but how do we look for the DE from Venice I believe? Maybe I’m wrong but that kid is special,I know img players were recruiting him to UM when they played each other
Bain is a bigger get IMO. But the Wilson kid is nice

I know Bo said he hated practice and thought it was a waste of time. However, that’s totally different than assessing one’s work ethic. You can hate practice but still work hard
There seems to be some myth that elite talent is lazy.
I don’t buy it. Eventually that will catch up with you.
At the elite level of any sport the margin of error becomes smaller despite the apparent gap.
The difference between a 4.6 and 4.4 is 2 tenths of a second. But in football it might as well be a continent. At 20 mph 2 tenths is a missed tackle and 6 points
In cycling and sprinting a 2 percent power increase is massive.
At some point everyone else’s talent and god giving ability will pass you and you won’t be considered elite.
JT4 is a prime example. He got to a certain point and just wasn’t elite anymore.

After 20 years old muscle mass and bone density increase. If you don’t put in that work your gonna slow down.
No way in **** JT4 runs that combine 40 if he’s disciplined.

I know Bo said he hated practice and thought it was a waste of time. However, that’s totally different than assessing one’s work ethic. You can hate practice but still work hard
Arnold use to flip off the gym when he would leave because he hated it lol.

Advertisement
At the elite level of any sport the margin of error becomes smaller despite the apparent gap.
The difference between a 4.6 and 4.4 is 2 tenths of a second. But in football it might as well be a continent. At 20 mph 2 tenths is a missed tackle and 6 points
At some point everyone else’s talent and god giving ability will pass you and you won’t be considered elite.
JT4 is a prime example. He got to a certain point and just wasn’t elite anymore.

After 20 years old muscle mass and bone density increase. If you don’t put in that work your gonna slow down.

This is the truth. And you can hate working out with all your heart, but still work harder than everyone else. I recall seeing a video of Kobe Bryant at a camp telling kids to work hard. One of the kids ask if he knows anyone who is successful that hates training and practicing. He said Serena Williams. He expressed that he was shocked Serena felt that way because her regimen is insane. However, he said that she always told him that she works out that way because she hates losing more. You don’t make it to that level being lazy. Some athletes lose focus and lack motivation to continue working hard.

Off topic but one athlete I do think was always lazy was Kendrick Perkins. I know it’s random but he was lazy.

This is the truth. And you can hate working out with all your heart, but still work harder than everyone else. I recall seeing a video of Kobe Bryant at a camp telling kids to work hard. One of the kids ask if he knows anyone who is successful that hates training and practicing. He said Serena Williams. He expressed that he was shocked Serena felt that way because her regimen is insane. However, he said that she always told him that she works out that way because she hates losing more. You don’t make it to that level being lazy. Some athletes lose focus and lack motivation to continue working hard.

Off topic but one athlete I do think was always lazy was Kendrick Perkins. I know it’s random but he was lazy.
A6272DE9-3CE2-4C7D-BC59-466EFC90A147.jpeg

Advertisement

A lot of talent goes to waste in the left line.
h.jpg

Advertisement
who tf said Randy Moss didn't have great work ethic?
Jerry Rice for one.
It was a big thing when he played. There were a lot of rumblings in the league about his work ethic or lack of.
Even about how he took plays off.
After he retired there were some players that came to his defense and said that that wasn’t true at all including some of the quarterbacks that worked with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back