2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Im not sure he and Napier are close. A CIS user posted the below as the reason CMC got invited to speak at Cormani's school.

"Lake Gibson coach Keith Barefield worked for new Florida coach Billy Napier for 21 months as a defensive analyst at Louisiana between 2020 and 2021. When Barefield found out Napier had agreed to be the guest speaker at rival Lakeland High’s banquet on Wednesday night, he immediately called Cristobal to ask him if he’d like to speak to his team.( **** Billy boy that was not a good move)"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Given Lake Gibson's school zone, there's only one way to keep up with Lakeland: go out and convince kids at other schools to transfer. He must have been a little too bold with it. They need to get back to the days of hard-nosed coaching under Vic Smith.
My mom was a teacher at LG and close with coach Smith. I was the team "ball boy" for a few years. I would run onto the field and get the kicker tee after every FG and kickoff lol

My mom was a teacher at LG and close with coach Smith. I was the team "ball boy" for a few years. I would run onto the field and get the kicker tee after every FG and kickoff lol

That's awesome. He had a great football mind. In Lake Gibson history he's up there with guys like Tom Ray, Chris Taylor, Dave Rees, back when the program was getting started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back