2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying we get him, but we have to stop acting like it’s the same ole Miami recruiting. If that’s the case then expect the same on game day and being a perennial 7-9 win team every year. We are no longer spending pennies and we will sign top 5 classes from here on.
I’m assure you, I don’t think this is the same ole Miami recruiting. My expectations are extremely high there. I think we land a top 5 class but all that being said, getting a 5 star CB from Lakeland is a tall order. If anyone can do it, it’s Mario but I’m realistic in how to frame the overall recruitment. We never get kids like this. EVER. Even when we were on top of the world.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Discussing recruiting on boards is always hilarious because some people take a loss so personally nothing truthful said or that happened matters. Someone said, we were getting this kid and that is it. I will never forget this, ever. Per usual, their was crazy flipping going on back and forth the last week of both 22 class SD's. Players we were thought to have no chance on. l believe we land Cormani. We have 9 months still. These people will be nuts when they finally figure out the MMJ rumor was made up on the net as far as I know. I hope he actually wants to transfer to Miami after a season. Let's keep hope with these guys supposedly hitting the portal in May and us getting them. Minds are changed in minutes so we are all wrong in recruiting( transfers) all the time. Everyone! A Bain for us happens about once a decade.

So much time left in this recruitment.

Write up from the USC 247 board this afternoon:

The Trojans have hosted a litany of top prospects in the 2023 class so far in March. But the biggest prospect to date in five-star Lake Gibson (FL) recruit Cormani McClain, the consensus top cornerback in the nation and a Top 5 prospect, got on campus for his first USC visit.

"USC is great. It's a great environment, great coaches stuff," he told USCFootball.com. "And I feel like the me and the coaching staff is getting real close to each other.. It might be one of them."

"I'd say really the environment and probably, how they don't got too many DBs," said McClain on what stood out. "So, I think that's a great fit for me. And that's a great thing for me. And I've been looking into that for sure."

McClain put out a Top 5 schools list of Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, BYU and Miami shortly before USC made the offer. McClain said the Trojans are pushing to get into his top schools now that he's visited. McClain's primary USC recruiter, Donte Williams, is no stranger to pulling top talent from around the country.

"Coach Donte is a great dude," said the five-star McClain. "I think he relates more to me. So, I think that really stands out to me, and we're gonna take it from here."

Advertisement
These are the type of recruitments we have lost 98% of the time in recent years.

Hoping that the tide starts to turn with this class as it could start a nice trend of top players coming here.

We need to win this one amongst many others in the ‘23 class.

I said this in the Bain thread..it’s March..these kids will be invited to every camp, summer BBQ, pool party, unofficial visit, bonfire, wet bikini contest, etc that every school will have between now and July. And they will love every one of them. As long as when the dust settles we are in the top 5 OVs..then we are good to go. Don’t sweat anything that happen between now and July.

I don’t think it’s fair to grade this staff solely on cormani, although most on here will. this is a long game and they have not even a full true cycle to land him.
I wont grade them on one player but they better have other top dawgs lined up if we miss out on one guy.. We need to start loading up

I said this in the Bain thread..it’s March..these kids will be invited to every camp, summer BBQ, pool party, unofficial visit, bonfire, wet bikini contest, etc that every school will have between now and July. And they will love every one of them. As long as when the dust settles we are in the top 5 OVs..then we are good to go. Don’t sweat anything that happen between now and July.
Just keep getting them on campus and win some games this fall and we will be fine. Every year there is a over reaction to recruiting 9 months till signing day.

Advertisement
Write up from the USC 247 board this afternoon:

The Trojans have hosted a litany of top prospects in the 2023 class so far in March. But the biggest prospect to date in five-star Lake Gibson (FL) recruit Cormani McClain, the consensus top cornerback in the nation and a Top 5 prospect, got on campus for his first USC visit.

"USC is great. It's a great environment, great coaches stuff," he told USCFootball.com. "And I feel like the me and the coaching staff is getting real close to each other.. It might be one of them."

"I'd say really the environment and probably, how they don't got too many DBs," said McClain on what stood out. "So, I think that's a great fit for me. And that's a great thing for me. And I've been looking into that for sure."

McClain put out a Top 5 schools list of Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, BYU and Miami shortly before USC made the offer. McClain said the Trojans are pushing to get into his top schools now that he's visited. McClain's primary USC recruiter, Donte Williams, is no stranger to pulling top talent from around the country.

"Coach Donte is a great dude," said the five-star McClain. "I think he relates more to me. So, I think that really stands out to me, and we're gonna take it from here."

Byu??

Nick Young Reaction GIF

I never seen one player do a report on a visit and said it was horrible. Thats how recruiting works. Every school send these kids gear. They can wear whatever. I seen them wear Miami gear and do the videos and went elsewhere. Every top school want this kid. The ball is in his court. How u gonna cry if kid goes to Bama or UGA?

I wont but i maintain he is coming here. We have the in.

Advertisement
Lance Leggett doesn't care about USC. I'm weirdly confident on this one 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back