2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD is Loved in recruiting circles in Dade. That's undeniable...F around and lose him and they'll see.
he may not be an elite DB coach yet or even a good one now but he is elite as a recruiter. we wont know his true coaching acumen until he gets a chance here or elsewhere and **** get his shot somewhere. id rather it be here as we brought him along, groomed him as a DB coach, and you promote them.

Advertisement
He was the CB coach in 2021 under Manny, lol.
Matthew Broderick GIF

Personally, I don’t know that DVD is a good coach on the technical side but he is a helluva recruiter so if that’s the goal then he’s a good hire for that. TRob couldn’t recruit top CB talent at Miami but at Bama he’s a stud. Addae looked better at UGA because of Kirby and Muschamp. If Addae is a great technical coach then that’s fine too I guess if they are going that direction but if he’s not, then I’m not seeing any strengths
@RVACane ....I just texted my Guy (you know who I'm talking about) in regards to DVDs recruiting prowness, and he said Quote, "Invaluable"...

Singletary was muschamp. he and Kirby take the reins in the DB recruiting. Kirby didnt gel w Addae bc of that also (and vice versa). again youre literally going against what is known but it's fine. once you see what happens when DVD is gone, you'll see. in the end, believe whatever you want.
Muschamp had a relationship with him at SC which helped his interest at UGA...Addae played a part as he was his primary recruiter....can't say how much work he actually put in...but he got credit for several top guys...

Muschamp had a relationship with him at SC which helped his interest at UGA...Addae played a part as he was his primary recruiter....can't say how much work he actually put in...but he got credit for several top guys...

its champ. Kirby and now champ their specialty is DB. it's why UGA Will also never struggle there esp w whoever is the DB coach. they were interviewing guys while he was there to replace him hoping he'd leave. they upgraded w Fran brown. a lot of guys carry the heavy lifting n recruiting for others (example Mario and DVD Carry a lot of weight of the staff in recruiting)

Advertisement
Ray Forsett, Colorado's chief of staff. Has been with Deion for years and also part of the crew coming over from jsu. His family roots in Polk County are deep and he's known Cormani's mom since they were kids. He pretty much single handedly got them to nix the deal with Miami. Barstools came in backing CU with Cormani's NIL deal. Rest is history.

Lol....Kirby, like Saban are DB Guru's...any DB that has come through that program since Kirby has been HC, has come because of Kirby....that's just keeping it real.

Advertisement
Ray Forsett, Colorado's chief of staff. Has been with Deion for years and also part of the crew coming over from jsu. His family roots in Polk County are deep and he's known Cormani's mom since they were kids. He pretty much single handedly got them to nix the deal with Miami. Barstools came in backing CU with Cormani's NIL deal. Rest is history.
That’s called smart recruiting. We did the same thing with much of our class. It’s what it is. We laughed when Deon stole Hunter. Tip of the cap and prepare for 24

Let these clowns keep underestimating DVDs recruiting prowess...
Is anyone actually underestimating it though? I for one changed my mind on him being on the field because of the recruiting aspect. Most if not all are only concerned about his on field experience. Once again, I personally feel the trade off is worth it, especially given what Addae has show there.

Advertisement
Best recruiter on staff?! When you can’t name or give proof to anyone he’s actually landed?
Gagegolightly Durkin GIF by Paramount Network

I like DVD but you guys can’t make these bogus *** claims without backing it up

But then again you’re best friends with Deion so he probably told ya
Honestly you’re just being a **** now everyone that follows recruiting knows how important DVD is to that side of the ball so stop being a total ***

Last edited:
Is anyone actually underestimating it though? I for one changed my mind on him being on the field because of the recruiting aspect. Most if not all are only concerned about his on field experience. Once again, I personally feel the trade off is worth it, especially given what Addae has show there.
Addae, Gattis, and to a lesser extent Steele are all replaceable without skipping a beat.

you're not wrong about that

I think it's good discussion though. I didn't exactly make a bold claim, yet still nothing has proven what I said was wrong. oh well I guess we should all just blindly post what everyone else posts and not open discussions on what actually is happening within the program and what's more optics by a fanbase
On the bright side, this should bring you some comfort with these two skeptics in your corner. Lol

4F79B6F5-AD76-4A13-BEB3-19281729C5C2.jpeg

Advertisement
Lol....Kirby, like Saban are DB Guru's...any DB that has come through that program since Kirby has been HC, has come because of Kirby....that's just keeping it real.
That's like saying DBs came to bama only for Sabin when Kirby was there....Muschamp is a great recruiter in his own right....Addae was running the room as Singletary's primary recruiter.. if we land him I bet he mentions a past relationship with Addae...if you know recruiting it's not always one guy...they still have to bond with the coach running the room....prime example is DVD likely lost Cormani because he's not coaching him on the field...

That's like saying DBs came to namaz only for Sabin when Kirby was there....Muschamp is a great recruiter in his own right....Addae was running the room as Singletary's primary recruiter.. if we land him I bet he mentions a past relationship with Addae...if you know recruiting it's not always one guy...they still have to bond with the coach running the room....prime example is DVD likely lost Cormani because he's not coaching him on the field...
Stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back