2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. Bama’s run is light years ahead of the next closest dynasty. It’s been amazing. I hope they eventually fail and fall flat on their face …. But to try and discredit it makes you look silly.
**** will freeze over before i give that piece of **** program credit for anything! If it wasn't for illegal $$$$ they would be as irrelevant as Nebraska is right now! Payroll Tide! Fvck them!

Advertisement
Stop. Bama’s run is light years ahead of the next closest dynasty. It’s been amazing. I hope they eventually fail and fall flat on their face …. But to try and discredit it makes you look silly.
Why not discredit it? They literally operated under a different set of rules than 99% of the rest of the FBS, with freedom to do things with impunity that would get other programs severe sanctions.

I think the investment and commitment he gets from the university is more important than the cheating that goes on. The support staff, army of analysts, elite facilities, etc goes a long way. And you can guarantee Texas A&M has been cheating just as much but have not been as good. And bottom line is he puts those guys in the NFL and gets them making millions. That is his best recruiting tool. He gets the most out of his guys and gets them to buy in

I discredit it.

If Miami was found for instance to have used armed mercenaries to compel the great players of the 80s and early 2000s to come with the willful ignorance of the NCAA, while I would admire what the players did on field I would hold the organization itself in contempt.

Alabama had a monopoly. Yes, they had good to great coaching and wonderful organization, but they cheated with impunity. And anyone outside of LSU and Georgia that tried to cheat alongside them got smacked down. The NCAA was the personal enforcement arm for Nicholas Saban. They tried to give Miami the death penalty because a handful of players got hundreds of dollars, but did nothing for instance when Dee Liner submitted a photo of himself with a giant wad of cash on national signing day. Nothing. Saban built an empire of lies, and when it ultimately erodes away in the NIL it will be a delight to see. Hopefully he's still coaching when people are beating him by 30 to 60 points.
Or at least when Mario does…

Advertisement
I think the investment and commitment he gets from the university is more important than the cheating that goes on. The support staff, army of analysts, elite facilities, etc goes a long way. And you can guarantee Texas A&M has been cheating just as much but have not been as good. And bottom line is he puts those guys in the NFL and gets them making millions. That is his best recruiting tool. He gets the most out of his guys and gets them to buy in
Give me 10 top 75 players a year and I could average 5 1st rounders too. Saban himself has said he’s not the greatest X & O’s coach, but he’s the best recruiter. The whole program was built on cheating to land the best players, by any means. From there it’s built into also having former NFL head coaches on staff and a 200 person support staff. Saban is a good coach. Let’s not act like he’s god though when he’s had every advantage possible given to him.

Advertisement
Lot of salty dudes on here regarding Bama, since Saban arrived, it’s far and away the greatest dynasty in college football history.

“But they cheated” give me a break, as if every **** team in major college football don’t.
No college team in history has had the advantages of Bama. They treat their program like a pro franchise. It’s a lot more than paying players. The last decade they’re the Yankees and everyone else is the Rays when it comes to payroll for the program.

Just a reminder of what Saban is without all the advantages
65AE6F2C-4742-4504-8F5E-DC9E8720FF60.jpeg

Advertisement
Lot of salty dudes on here regarding Bama, since Saban arrived, it’s far and away the greatest dynasty in college football history.

“But they cheated” give me a break, as if every **** team in major college football don’t.
There is a huge difference between trying to skirt the rules here and there like most teams do vs. having a completely different set of rules and no worries of punishment.

Advertisement
I discredit it.

If Miami was found for instance to have used armed mercenaries to compel the great players of the 80s and early 2000s to come with the willful ignorance of the NCAA, while I would admire what the players did on field I would hold the organization itself in contempt.

Alabama had a monopoly. Yes, they had good to great coaching and wonderful organization, but they cheated with impunity. And anyone outside of LSU and Georgia that tried to cheat alongside them got smacked down. The NCAA was the personal enforcement arm for Nicholas Saban. They tried to give Miami the death penalty because a handful of players got hundreds of dollars, but did nothing for instance when Dee Liner submitted a photo of himself with a giant wad of cash on national signing day. Nothing. Saban built an empire of lies, and when it ultimately erodes away in the NIL it will be a delight to see. Hopefully he's still coaching when people are beating him by 30 to 60 points.
Agreed. What I’ll give Saban the ultimate credit is he is a great overseer and program builder. The best CEO in college without a doubt. There are other schools (80% of the $EC) that cheat but don’t have anywhere close to the success he’s had.

But we need to provide context for Bama’s success though. Imagine running a large publicly traded corporation and having the ins with the SEC? Can you really beat your chest and say I’m better than the other companies?

Give me 10 top 75 players a year and I could average 5 1st rounders too. Saban himself has said he’s not the greatest X & O’s coach, but he’s the best recruiter. The whole program was built on cheating to land the best players, by any means. From there it’s built into also having former NFL head coaches on staff and a 200 person support staff. Saban is a good coach. Let’s not act like he’s god though when he’s had every advantage possible given to him.
I fully understand and embrace the Bama/Saban hate. However, I think its lazy and convenient to just say they have the most money and that's the only reason the are great. Other schools UGA, OSU, LSU, Texas have huge athletic budgets and even bigger Alumni budgets (err bags). Yet somehow those schools have only one 1 ring or less during Saban's time at Bama while he has ripped off seven. (also odds on favorite to win number eight this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back