2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The guy reported/tweeted that his sources told him they expected Cormani to sign today, and did so in a categorical manner. Now he's reporting something different. That's by definition backtracking. And yes, I understand the circumstances have changed and are beyond Geo's control.
What you're missing is his main point is that Cormani isn't wavering. The timing of the signing is peripheral.
Nevertheless, accuracy is a hallmark of journalism. He went with his sources, and his statement has proven to be inaccurate.
It's his opinion. How can anyone say it's inaccurate. All you can say is you disagree with it. If that's what you believe, sack up like Gaby and say it.
I just found humor in how deftly he broke the bad news. The wording of the second tweet was so assuring that it took me a moment to realize what the ramifications of it were. And regardless of the ultimate outcome, what's being reported tonight is not a positive outcome compared to the signed LOI Geo reported would come to fruition today. Thus the quip re: politics.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants to know when did that jackass ever make a Miami look bad?

Was it his 0-4 record against Miami?

I know the great @SWFLHurricane may have some alternate "favorite game" memories to share, but...

...that opening game in 1988 against F$U is still one of my all-time favorite experiences at a UM football game.

I realize it wasn't a "bowl game". I realize the outcome was not really in doubt.

But, oh lord...the SemenHoles rap video in the off-season...the doubts on Neon's academic eligibility...the disrespect for the DEFENDING national champion...the heat...the hype...the hatred...

And we CRUSHED that F$U team, 31-0. There might be "more important" games in Miami history. There might be "bigger" games. But I don't know if there is one that was as unbelievably pleasant...we dominated the pre-season #1 from start to finish.

Truly one of the best Miami games ever...

Deion out here making um look bad again!
Special Victims Unit Reaction GIF by Law & Order

Advertisement
I dont follow… why couldn’t he sign his LOI and re-take the ACT later this year? He is not an early entrant.
Have the exact same question. My follow up question is that if he signs the NLI and doesn’t get enrolled due to whatever “administrative” issue, and perhaps had to go somewhere with lesser standards, would that burn his one time transfer with immediate playing time for the portal? If not, I agree, what’s the harm in signing. If the answer is yes, that’s why he hasn’t signed.

If this is because he has not taken his ACTs then everyone has failed this kid, including his parents, coaches, school admin, and even everyone who has been recruiting him. Surely someone would have told him to take the **** test 🤦🏾‍♂️

I know the great @SWFLHurricane may have some alternate "favorite game" memories to share, but...

...that opening game in 1988 against F$U is still one of my all-time favorite experiences at a UM football game.

I realize it wasn't a "bowl game". I realize the outcome was not really in doubt.

But, oh lord...the SemenHoles rap video in the off-season...the doubts on Neon's academic eligibility...the disrespect for the DEFENDING national champion...the heat...the hype...the hatred...

And we CRUSHED that F$U team, 31-0. There might be "more important" games in Miami history. There might be "bigger" games. But I don't know if there is one that was as unbelievably pleasant...we dominated the pre-season #1 from start to finish.

Truly one of the best Miami games ever...
I was there to witness it. One of my favorites.

Advertisement
Have the exact same question. My follow up question is that if he signs the NLI and doesn’t get enrolled due to whatever “administrative” issue, and perhaps had to go somewhere with lesser standards, would that burn his one time transfer with immediate playing time for the portal? If not, I agree, what’s the harm in signing. If the answer is yes, that’s why he hasn’t signed.

Let's just play some thought games here.

---If you fail to qualify at a school, for whatever reason, you never enroll, thus you can't "transfer". You can go to whatever school will take you as a first-time enrollee.

---In the old days (couple years ago), when schools signed kids who failed to qualify, the school lost an Initial Counter. I realize the IC rules are currently suspended, maybe if the same situation happened today, the school would lose a counter?

---In the old-old days, when Lesean McCoy and Graig Cooper went to prep school, the original LOI was voided, and they had to RE-sign LOIs later. Graig re-signed with Miami and Shady signed with Pitt.

Just spitballin' from the back row of class...

so you want him to stop studying for the ACT to take a selfie for you sir?
Again, I don't believe ACT/SAT is required for 2023-2024 student athletes as a condition of NCAA eligibility.

This standardized test issue seems to be a red herring.

Now maybe Miami has an issue with it, but they have been test optional (utterly ridiculous btw) for the last three application cycles and appears to be for the next.

Am I off on this??

Shades of the Devin Hester signing day saga.

Remind me again.... How'd that turn out for UM? :monkey-serious:
Man, been thinking about this as well. Why is it that potential generational talents have this stumble on the way in?

Hopefully, history repeats, he slides in, becomes a generational talent here, and wraps things up with a Hall-worthy career.

Advertisement
To me, IF Bama was going to get Cormani, they would not have signed Hicks. Just have to wait until things clear up.

So still nothing. Today is the last day to sign early so we are now 100% heading into February? Sucks so badly because we NEEDED him here in spring to get in the S&C/Nutrition program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back