2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Listen it’s all speculation as it’s not coming from the horses mouth but it appears the NIL deal and payments were based on enrollment. If he can’t enroll early this means he can’t get paid until summer… if you’re expecting a check in January and someone tells you to wait until June chances are you would second guess your choice as well. I would guess he’s looking for other suitors as he was under the impression the money would be arriving a lot earlier.
Bingo.

Advertisement
Btw lmaoooo at our coaches not knowing the Money might not graduate early. That's something you'd know way in advance.
possibly realistic: that was known and even agreed to, per Florida (and Alabama) law, then DEION called and said hey high school promo NIL "is" allowed in Colorado, so.... think again.

not sure how Manny talked to his CB coach yesterday but didn't ask him anything about him signing... he did seem to think that he would still be at UM by saying "I believe 'Money" will change the demeanor, the atmosphere at UM."

Reached by phone Wednesday by The Athletic, Lakeland’s cornerbacks coach, Jake Chapman, was stunned to learn McClain had delayed signing his national letter of intent to play at Miami.
Chapman grew up in Miami and has spent the last 19 years coaching at various state high schools. The best players he coached include NFL first-round picks Ryan Shazier (Plantation), Derwin James (Haines City) and Corey Liuget (Hialeah). He thinks McClain, whom he has coached since he transferred to Lakeland this summer, is a future first-round pick.
“I think he’s the next Deion Sanders of this era,” Chapman told The Athletic two weeks ago. “I think UM is getting Sean Taylor at a cornerback position. He can cover you hash to hash and hit you when he wants to hit you. I believe ‘Money’ will change the demeanor, the atmosphere at UM. He’ll bring a swag. He brought that to our team.”

Can you at least shed some light why these legit issues surfaced between day before ESD and morning of ESD?
DEION called and said law is different in Colorado, can get NIL much quicker. Oh, really they said?

Listen it’s all speculation as it’s not coming from the horses mouth but it appears the NIL deal and payments were based on enrollment. If he can’t enroll early this means he can’t get paid until summer… if you’re expecting a check in January and someone tells you to wait until June chances are you would second guess your choice as well. I would guess he’s looking for other suitors as he was under the impression the money would be arriving a lot earlier.
This actually makes a lot of sense

Advertisement
if Cribby wouldnt mind, can he confirm this "difference in state laws" might be one of the "complex issues?"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back