2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Do I believe the old staff was sorry? Yup.

Do I believe that Jordan Battle (a top 50 player in his class) was ready to come to Miami but Banda and Rumph didn’t recruit him? Nope.

Rumph is trash. But Banda was still recruiting well. Battle was always going to Bama IMO.
Than youre simply naive. All y'all wanna still throw everything on Mike when it's been came out he had no power in that scenario. He was working off a crutch provided by two incompetent buffoons. This whole recruiting well or not statement is absurd. Y'all don't even know who was involved in recruiting who. You simply get the one coach assigned to him as primary and think that's what it is. U believe whatever you want but you're flat out wrong. It's not to say Jordan would've went here, but reality is we made that choice for him and plenty of others ranked higher that we didn't need them. These are facts. Mandy and the bartender made their decisions solely based upon what kinds of matches kids would be in our system AND where they lived... That's fact but you take it how you want and keep blaming Mike. The guy who Mario still has on staff...

I always wonder about these stories. They just sound too stupid to be true. If you put aside your dislike for our past staffs for a sec, what possible reason could there be for ignoring these kids?
Real simple they evaluated kids as accurately as olive garden does Pesto and they simply went after the kids that were the most clear matches to the system and gave less of a battle in landing...

Real simple they evaluated kids as accurately as olive garden does Pesto and they simply went after the kids that were the most clear matches to the system and gave less of a battle in landing...
Facts they didn't want to battle it out. If they felt something was close to the elite player (which they weren't cause their evals are trash) that's who they went after. The easy get

Advertisement
Well over the years he has never missed an opportunity to take shots at miami and whenever we played it seemed personal like tearing out turf from the field you know things like that.

Many players from miami go to fsu and talk their sht obviously just by being noles but with cook it seems like actual scorn.
The animosity came about cause until like the last two months of his senior season we never recruited him. The priority was always Sony until Sony made it clear he was going sec and used our facilities as his payola excuse. Then we got coley on staph and he prioritized the Lil dude we flipped from fsu that was his teammate. We never made it clear we saw him as a lead back and questioned everything about him. If people don't see that as cause for animosity than they don't understand what's going on.

Listen the boys father was telling the story believe what you want but this was the boys father talking I heard him with my own ears. He said he wanted his son to go to UM but by the time they came around his son was like naw. His father forced him to use a unofficial to UM just because he thought he owed the home school that. What does the father get out of lying his son is the starting safety at Bama and is going to the NFL!!!
This is the story of so many parents, relatives, "mentors," etc. Do you really believe him?

This is just spin, so as to not **** off local fans.

He's a Baga turncoat and there's nothing more to it.

Same as Jobe, Little, and Evan Neal. **** every single one of them.

Than youre simply naive. All y'all wanna still throw everything on Mike when it's been came out he had no power in that scenario. He was working off a crutch provided by two incompetent buffoons. This whole recruiting well or not statement is absurd. Y'all don't even know who was involved in recruiting who. You simply get the one coach assigned to him as primary and think that's what it is. U believe whatever you want but you're flat out wrong. It's not to say Jordan would've went here, but reality is we made that choice for him and plenty of others ranked higher that we didn't need them. These are facts. Mandy and the bartender made their decisions solely based upon what kinds of matches kids would be in our system AND where they lived... That's fact but you take it how you want and keep blaming Mike. The guy who Mario still has on staff...
My bad Mike. ;)

The animosity came about cause until like the last two months of his senior season we never recruited him. The priority was always Sony until Sony made it clear he was going sec and used our facilities as his payola excuse. Then we got coley on staph and he prioritized the Lil dude we flipped from fsu that was his teammate. We never made it clear we saw him as a lead back and questioned everything about him. If people don't see that as cause for animosity than they don't understand what's going on.
Ok ya that definitely tracks

Thanks for clearing it up

Advertisement
Maybe, but if anything I would expect a crap staff to just go along with everyone else’s evals. It’s just hard to picture a 5* kid asking to come to Miami and being ignored. I don’t think a coach who would do that would ever make it to the P5 level. Even al golden isn’t stupid enough to think “Saban wants this kid, but f*ck that, imma get me somebody better!”

Facts they didn't want to battle it out. If they felt something was close to the elite player (which they weren't cause their evals are trash) that's who they went after. The easy get
I can see that. The thing is all these stories are the same. The kid was dying to come to Miami and begged the staff but they ignored him. I get the staff didn’t want to spend time on kids they’d have to fight bama for, but these stories always say the kid made it clear he wanted to be at Miami. So why not let the kid come? Big difference between not fighting for kids you don’t think you’ll get and not saying yes to kids who beg to come.

Prioritizing another stud player is a mistake that makes sense to me.

Advertisement
I can see that. The thing is all these stories are the same. The kid was dying to come to Miami and begged the staff but they ignored him. I get the staff didn’t want to spend time on kids they’d have to fight bama for, but these stories always say the kid made it clear he wanted to be at Miami. So why not let the kid come? Big difference between not fighting for kids you don’t think you’ll get and not saying yes to kids who beg to come.
I don't know the context of the story so I'm out of the loop here. I'll watch u and Dee discuss since it seems like u guys know about this.

Maybe, but if anything I would expect a crap staff to just go along with everyone else’s evals. It’s just hard to picture a 5* kid asking to come to Miami and being ignored. I don’t think a coach who would do that would ever make it to the P5 level. Even al golden isn’t stupid enough to think “Saban wants this kid, but f*ck that, imma get me somebody better!”
They didn't look for someone better. They looked for someone who fit there system,local, they were more likely to get... Ask Keele Ringo about wanting to come here and how that staff treated him. No point in continuing to go through this. You're gonna believe what you want. BUT that is accurate.

Prioritizing another stud player is a mistake that makes sense to me.
Than you should've loved Coker. A real staff doesn't zero in on one kid while they ignore others. They show them all there's a place for them with us and sort it out as it goes. Coley and co flat out ignored cook till the end of his senior season. Not a discussion point as it's revisionist history. It's just what happens and why he felt entitled to dislike the university. From my understanding if we would've shown him ANY love he would've been coming here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back