Corey Martinez latest

caneallday21

Senior
Tampa (Fla.) Catholic High School 2014 OG Corey Martinez (6’4/290) is considered to be one the best offensive linemen in the country. The stand out prospect currently holds 19 scholarship offers from a host of elite programs all across the nation. Some of those notable schools are Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Miami, Florida State, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt and Boston College.

As impressive as that list already is, the Martinez family expects another wave of offers to role in once the Crusaders start their spring football.

“There are supposedly going to be quite a few other major schools that are going to be coming down during spring practices,” Ron Martinez said. “To take a real good look at him.”

Corey’s father is aware of the impact that the recruiting process has had on his son, but he will make sure that Corey gets to make his own decision when it is all over with.

“As his father, I’m just trying to keep his eyes open and his mind open, Ron Martinez said. “When Corey grew up as a young kid he grew up an FSU fan, and I told Corey at the beginning of the process when he was a freshmen to stay open minded and lets see what else is out there.”

Just like Miami’s most recent verbal commit Reilly Gibbons, academics will play a crucial role in which school he chooses.

“Academics is very very important to Corey, I would say that is on the top of his list.” Ron Martinez said. “He realizes that football is not forever, and he understands that a degree is going to be with him for life.”

The Central Florida product has attended private school his entire life, and he is enticed by the possibility of attending a private school when he leaves for college.

“So that’s a plus for Miami.”
“He is some what attracted to the fact that the majority of the classes there at Miami are small sized classes, so that’s a plus for Miami.” – Ron Martinez

As the NCAA investigation debacle seems to be getting closer to its conclusion, the Martinez family is staying up to date with any new developments.

“That’s something we are looking at real close, we are hoping there is going to be a resolution to that here soon.”

Advertisement
Kehoe must have put together some type of special magic for this OL class to come together like this.

Well don't wait to long to commit. This is not the year to play the hurry up and wait to commit game with Miami, or your spot will be given away to another OL prospect or better yet reallocated to the defense for an additional DT spot. Hopefully he commits soon.

Go Canes

Yeah we really hold a lot of leverage over any OL prospects we want to bring in now since we've already got almost a full class. It's really a commit or lose your spot scenario. If the kid is seriously considering going to school here there is no time for games

Advertisement
Well don't wait to long to commit. This is not the year to play the hurry up and wait to commit game with Miami, or your spot will be given away to another OL prospect or better yet reallocated to the defense for an additional DT spot. Hopefully he commits soon.

Go Canes

I don't think the staff is telling guys to commit early or get left out, I think it's more don't start to play games or appear that way. Good thing about Corey from the interview i saw with and now this one with his dad is that I know they are all smart and really taking their time just like KC and his family. I think he picks us but i think maybe the beginning of summer

Im getting fuggin tired of reading/hearing about recruits and/or their parents mentioning the NCAA. Emmert can DIAF.

Go Canes

I forgot you were a hurricane coach. Its ******* april and his spring practices havent even started yet. Signing day for the 2013 class happened two months ago. We have 6 commits not 20, I think its way too premature to say we are going to give his scholarship away. He said he was going to commit after his spring practices which is still considered an early commit. Martinez is a really good interior lineman which the OL group is lacking. Let the kid weigh his options

Advertisement

Go Canes

I forgot you were a hurricane coach. Its ****ing april and his spring practices havent even started yet. Signing day for the 2013 class happened two months ago. We have 6 commits not 20, I think its way too premature to say we are going to give his scholarship away. He said he was going to commit after his spring practices which is still considered an early commit. Martinez is a really good interior lineman which the OL group is lacking. Let the kid weigh his options

how many OL do you guys think we take this year? I agree i don't think by any means that he has to hurry to commit ten months before signing day, but realistically it would be naive to not believe that the numbers are getting thin. he would make the fifth OL we take. Now i'm sure they would take him and make room even if they weren't wanting to take another o lineman, but then it does get into the question of taking schollies from other target areas

Go Canes

I forgot you were a hurricane coach. Its ****ing april and his spring practices havent even started yet. Signing day for the 2013 class happened two months ago. We have 6 commits not 20, I think its way too premature to say we are going to give his scholarship away. He said he was going to commit after his spring practices which is still considered an early commit. Martinez is a really good interior lineman which the OL group is lacking. Let the kid weigh his options

how many OL do you guys think we take this year? I agree i don't think by any means that he has to hurry to commit ten months before signing day, but realistically it would be naive to not believe that the numbers are getting thin. he would make the fifth OL we take. Now i'm sure they would take him and make room even if they weren't wanting to take another o lineman, but then it does get into the question of taking schollies from other target areas

I think it's Martinez or another solid interior lineman or bust. Can't see us taking more than 5

Corey Martinez pictures

70.jpg

71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Go Canes

From the kids golden and staff are still actively recruiting. 6 for sure. Going after two kids from jersey still, a kid from Cali, two kids in florida, don't know about any others, but I'm sure there are more. There's alot of lineman this year in places staff has ties to and recruits heavily. Will load up. Have four committed right not with KC, Gib, Linder, and Darling. Loaded with prospects this year.

Is Feliciano really going to leave early? I read that somewhere.

Advertisement
Miami for Grades? No. Sounds like Papa Martinez wants that weekly arroz con pollo in Miami. Him just thinking about that hunk of **** California Chicken Grill just makes him want to burn that ************ down. You aint goin' to Tally kid.

Only a matter of time on this one..You dont pull Darling, KC, and Gibbons and then drop the ball on Corey. Parents probably just wanna come down one more time before giving it the final okay to pull the trigger.

Its amazing when you see some of these kids moms that you are thinking, "Wow, she is nice looking for an older lady". Before realizing that these kids are only 17-18 years old and their parents are probably our age! (Well, my age) Lol. (No offense, to the Martinez Family if you read this board. That was def a compliment.)

Advertisement
Back