Corey Gaynor

Cane4life18

Senior
Is he redshirting, and if so, will he play the last 4 games?

I remember him playing meaningful snaps last season against FSU. I haven't seen him play a down this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Venzell Boulware took his snaps at guard. Most likely red shirting. No need to waste a year with minimal snaps. I expect Gaynor to be the starting center next year.

Venzell Boulware took his snaps at guard. Most likely red shirting. No need to waste a year with minimal snaps. I expect Gaynor to be the starting center next year.
Hopefully he shows signs of improvement. I liked how physical he was at the point of attack. He just wasn't the most technically sound player but you don't really need to be playing G or C. With him at Center and Donaldson at Guard we may have a stable inside run game next year. We'll see.

Advertisement
Needed a redshirt as a true fresh. Was undersized but we needed a fullback. Like someone else said he is taking a shirt. I like him at guard rather than center. Similar to Gauthier. Let’s see who emerges from he and dykster

Needed a redshirt as a true fresh. Was undersized but we needed a fullback. Like someone else said he is taking a shirt. I like him at guard rather than center. Similar to Gauthier. Let’s see who emerges from he and dykster
Center is best for him. We have too many guards as it is already. Donaldson is a lock for the LG spot. That means you would have 4 players competing for the other guard spot.

Center is best for him. We have too many guards as it is already. Donaldson is a lock for the LG spot. That means you would have 4 players competing for the other guard spot.
I don’t remember if the kid played guard or center at Douglas..I thought he was a Guard. And dykstra came as a C.. next year we have 6 guys( off the top of my head) who were recruited as tackles.. but tbh all I understand when it comes to evaluating oline is the diff body types for each spots. As far a technical stuff I’ll pass

Advertisement
There is a redshirt tracker at the top of the page, he’s played in 2 games and can play on 2 more and keep his redshirt.

Hopefully he shows signs of improvement. I liked how physical he was at the point of attack. He just wasn't the most technically sound player but you don't really need to be playing G or C. With him at Center and Donaldson at Guard we may have a stable inside run game next year. We'll see.

Centers and Guards dont need to be technically sound?? tf

Advertisement
Centers and Guards dont need to be technically sound?? tf
Compared to a Tackle, Centers and Guards don't necessarily need to be technically sound. Tackles play more in space, whereas Centers and Guards don't play in space. This difference in space allows them to play a less technically sound. I know you've heard the saying "Centers and Guards play within a phone booth".

Compared to a Tackle, Centers and Guards don't necessarily need to be technically sound. Tackles play more in space, whereas Centers and Guards don't play in space. This difference in space allows them to play a less technically sound. I know you've heard the saying "Centers and Guards play within a phone booth".

Do you know what Technically sound even means??? you make no sense

Advertisement
Back