Corey Collier Article (Commits To Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kool-Aid (Ga'Quincy McKinstry) might be hinting at a LSU commitment coming.

As of now he's still seen as an Auburn lean, but both Bama & LSU are fighting like **** to get that kid.

Why that's relevant to us is if either Bama gets McKinstry that may effect where they stand with Marshall, if LSU gets McKinstry then Bama will continue to push hard for Marshall. LSU is also in a good spot for 4-star CB Nate Wiggins as well.

These late CB races are shaping up to be a real Kentucky Derby:
- Bama only has 1 CB in their class, Devonta Smith who they flipped from Oh St
- Oh St flipped Jordan Hancock from Clemson
- Clemson doesn't have any Corners committed but lead for Nyland Green but are battling it out with UGA for him
- UGA doesn't have any Corners committed either but are after Isaiah Johnson from West Virginia & Nyland Green, they're also pretty full at CB & don't have much space
- LSU has no Corners committed but are after McKinstry, Nate Wiggins & have picked up contact with Marshall
- USC just snatched Pharaoh Brown from Oklahoma's grip
- Boston College flipped Clinton Burton from UF
- Miami is battling it out with Va Tech & Auburn for Markevious Brown while trying to make up ground for Marshall
- Tenn & Ole Miss is battling for Damarius McGhee
- Kamari Lassiter who's a Tuscaloosa kid is basically everybody's second option between Auburn, UGA, Bama, GTech & Clemson just offered him a week ago.
So ideally we would want McKinstry to pop to Bama, so that it takes them partially/completely out of Marshall’s recruitment. In that case I like Miami’s chances to go head to head with pretty much anyone.

Advertisement
So ideally we would want McKinstry to pop to Bama, so that it takes them partially/completely out of Marshall’s recruitment. In that case I like Miami’s chances to go head to head with pretty much anyone.
We have a shot but my money is on LSU. If they want a CB it’s hard for a top flight Corner to turn away DBU

This is a rough look for FSU. I’ll say this. I don’t think they can ever be very good if they can’t/don’t recruit south Florida. All of their good teams had a lot of guys from down here.

Right now, they just aren’t involved with anybody and that has been a trend that has worsened in recent years. They will be left trying to battle the SEC in SEC territory. With the budget and revenue issues they already face, I think that might be a program that takes a significant step back for a while.

Advertisement
This is a rough look for FSU. I’ll say this. I don’t think they can ever be very good if they can’t/don’t recruit south Florida. All of their good teams had a lot of guys from down here.

Right now, they just aren’t involved with anybody and that has been a trend that has worsened in recent years. They will be left trying to battle the SEC in SEC territory. With the budget and revenue issues they already face, I think that might be a program that takes a significant step back for a while.

This is not rubbing it in, it's just an observation, as I happen to like beating a talented, well-matched F$U team.

But right now, the F$U program is analagous to an old person trying to walk on a slippery surface. F$U just keeps falling down, followed by flailing and grabbing onto anything possible to try to regain their footing, as they continue to fall back down again.

They might have to pay Urban Meyer $25 million per year and build a cardiac facility inside of their Athletic Department just to turn this thing around.

This is not rubbing it in, it's just an observation, as I happen to like beating a talented, well-matched F$U team.

But right now, the F$U program is analagous to an old person trying to walk on a slippery surface. F$U just keeps falling down, followed by flailing and grabbing onto anything possible to try to regain their footing, as they continue to fall back down again.

They might have to pay Urban Meyer $25 million per year and build a cardiac facility inside of their Athletic Department just to turn this thing around.
Has a program had this quick or a turn for the worse? I can’t think of one. Even the Miami teams that under performed in early 2000’s were littered with talent. I don’t see hardly any up in Tallahassee at the moment. That’s just crazy to me considering where they were in 2013-2015

533dad106f6a1.image.jpg

Advertisement
Been out of the loop. Do we have a chance with either him or marshall?

FSU has always relied on South Florida. How many losses do they have in a season without a player like Dalvin Cook, for example. It’s insane.

Advertisement
Has a program had this quick or a turn for the worse? I can’t think of one. Even the Miami teams that under performed in early 2000’s were littered with talent. I don’t see hardly any up in Tallahassee at the moment. That’s just crazy to me considering where they were in 2013-2015

I don't think that any team has gone from National Championship contender to chump this quickly and this profoundly, without the "NCAA probation" factor.

2013 - F$U wins national championship
2014 - F$U in the CFP playoffs, but are ranked #5 overall
2015 - F$U finishes 2nd in the Atlantic, but are ranked #14 overall
2016 - F$U finishes 3rd in the Atlantic, but are ranked #8 overall
2017 - F$U has the 3rd worst conference record in the entire ACC, and are 7-6 overall [Jimbo's final year]
2018 - F$U again has the 3rd worse conference record in the entire ACC, and are 5-7 overall
2019 - F$U improves conference record, fires coach, and are 6-7 overall
2020 - F$U predicted to be one of the worst teams in the ACC

They went from being a Top 10 team (yes, Clemson had begun to surpass them) to a sub-.500 team over multiple years in the snap of a finger. Coaching changes. Desperation coaching hires. Terrible recruiting classes. The stench that comes from a dead carcass. NO NCAA PROBATION to blame it on.

Once you have a 4 year period of sucking, it becomes very hard to recruit. Ask Miami.

100% if they don’t get urban Mayer they better get a legend in there. It’s the only way to stop that shop form sinking any further. Because they are without a paddle right now dawg

Advertisement
Well James Williams popping last night kinda changed my feelings on where Collier will go. If he's a take at lsu then that's where I'll put my money now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back