Corey Collier Article (Commits To Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids 170 pounds. That’s a lot of LBs to get to 215. He does look like a legit safety. With limited numbers i don’t know man.

Advertisement
So does he have a spot with us or nah? I like Collier, he's a solid prospect and would be a take in most classes but we are super tight on spots, especially in that safety/striker room.

Advertisement
I believe this kid is a take for us. He said he was on a zoom call with Manny and Baker. Why would the two guys making all the decisions on our defense be on a call with a kid they didn't want?
Who knows who else was on that call? Maybe it was with other Palmetto targets? Or maybe not? Sometimes you continue recruit kids that aren't a take right now but might be later down the line or just to continue to work on the relationship. Time will tell since he announced a commitment date.

Advertisement
Hey I’ll take Corey if he wants in. People saying he’s overrated is fine but idk he has a ton of offers so most coaches think he can play

Advertisement
Smith is my fave defender in this class..so was Derrick smith a while back lol

I'm not so sure this move of Wilson's was sudden. I didn't see it but apparently Wilson's mother recently put some kind of statement about how great the UGA community has been and how hard it's been on her and the family to have him away from home during all these uncertain times, etc. some speculation on UGA site that her statement was some kind of prequel to him entering the portal - kind of set up the "homesick" excuse (good waiver material)

I'm not so sure this move of Wilson's was sudden. I didn't see it but apparently Wilson's mother recently put some kind of statement about how great the UGA community has been and how hard it's been on her and the family to have him away from home during all these uncertain times, etc. some speculation on UGA site that her statement was some kind of prequel to him entering the portal - kind of set up the "homesick" excuse (good waiver material)
So he’s going to FIU? Because that’s the only way that waiver qualifies lol.

Advertisement
PS: Chase Smith is just as good a WR that he is a defender...you can definitely take him and JW.

Or and again just an exploratory idea which requires a lot of arithmetic to understand....

MOVE JACOREY TO VIPER AND TAKE CHASE AS A ******* LB. IT’S NOT THAT ******* HARD!!!

there's a lot of chatter on LSU board that Raymond wants him - Orgeron holding the last say. They think if they take Collier it may help them with Marshall who they want more. Apparently they are speaking with Marshall regularly....
Kool-Aid (Ga'Quincy McKinstry) might be hinting at a LSU commitment coming.

As of now he's still seen as an Auburn lean, but both Bama & LSU are fighting like **** to get that kid.

Why that's relevant to us is if either Bama gets McKinstry that may effect where they stand with Marshall, if LSU gets McKinstry then Bama will continue to push hard for Marshall. LSU is also in a good spot for 4-star CB Nate Wiggins as well.

These late CB races are shaping up to be a real Kentucky Derby:
- Bama only has 1 CB in their class, Devonta Smith who they flipped from Oh St
- Oh St flipped Jordan Hancock from Clemson
- Clemson doesn't have any Corners committed but lead for Nyland Green but are battling it out with UGA for him
- UGA doesn't have any Corners committed either but are after Isaiah Johnson from West Virginia & Nyland Green, they're also pretty full at CB & don't have much space
- LSU has no Corners committed but are after McKinstry, Nate Wiggins & have picked up contact with Marshall
- USC just snatched Pharaoh Brown from Oklahoma's grip
- Boston College flipped Clinton Burton from UF
- Miami is battling it out with Va Tech & Auburn for Markevious Brown while trying to make up ground for Marshall
- Tenn & Ole Miss is battling for Damarius McGhee
- Kamari Lassiter who's a Tuscaloosa kid is basically everybody's second option between Auburn, UGA, Bama, GTech & Clemson just offered him a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back