Corey Collier Article (Commits To Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No package deals. They’re all their own dude.

Maybe Smith and LT put pressure on Marshall and get him to jump. But as of right now that’s a long shot
I read on florida 247 board that taylor and Collins are close. I'm guessing that's bs. Or one decision one effect the other. I was just wondering if we lose collins will taylor still come?

Advertisement
It's not quite the same scenario, but Collier's situation in some ways reminds me of Josh Sanguinetti from 2019. Although Sanguinetti was never as highly ranked to begin with and the drop for Collier was not as steep. Similar build, measurements, testing results. High school testing numbers of course should be taken with a grain of salt and Collier's is from 1+ years ago. And Sanguinetti ended up at Indiana while Collier is choosing from an elite group of schools. Do you guys think he is being that heavily recruited by his list? Does Miami's interest have more to do with Taylor and Marshall? I'm wary of the early hype and subsequent heavy decline after camps, testing, etc. situations like the Henry Gray's of the world. Considering the safeties we've been bringing in and the on-paper insane looking '22 class, I'd personally pass, but I suppose if you feel he has ANY effect on the other Palmetto kids you might not have much choice.
Sanguinetti(spelling?) Was 5* pre camp evaluations...then he was exposed.

Advertisement
Hes a Redwine clone, like literally the same athletic profile and playing style.
I dont think so redwine is a true safety but collier to tight hipped I think he is a box safety if he could put good weight on he would be serviceable but I wouldn't want him having to bail late and give my corner help over top

I dont think so redwine is a true safety but collier to tight hipped I think he is a box safety if he could put good weight on he would be serviceable but I wouldn't want him having to bail late and give my corner help over top
Collier is not just in the box safety, go watch his tape he is a true safety. Also Redwine's hips were not any better than Collier's in high school.

Advertisement
Collier is not just in the box safety, go watch his tape he is a true safety. Also Redwine's hips were not any better than Collier's in high school.

hip wise maybe not but i do think Redwine was more athletic overall.

want to say he ran a 4.5 range in HS and then he ran a 4.4 at 200 lbs at the combine with a 39inch vert. He was a sneaky good athlete. Collier May have some better anticipation which makes up for some of his speed. I think collier was in the 4.8 range at 170lbs. Tough to add 30lbs and shave .4 off your time.

I've seen collier play live a few times wasnt impressed at all. He isn't fast and has slow reactions I'm just not a big fan

Not trying to be a jerk. But I really think we got our guy in Kinchens. We had 4 safeties in the 2020 class (though one or two may end up as a striker). Spots are tight, and Collier isn't even close to all-in regarding Miami. So let him go be happy elsewhere, and use the counter for another position of need. Make room later if Williams or another elite DB wants in.

Lol he said redwine is a true safety and this kid is not
I’d say it’s the other way around.. Red only been playing safety for 3 years. He’s more of a Richard Sherman zone guy.. not great at man.. but was switched to safety. Those guys excel at free.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back