Corch Irvin Mayahs is the best coach in CFB.

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
I can't hate the guy anymore. The guy took a team that Gluten beat the year before and went undefeated the following year. He wins, wins, and wins and last night humiliated a good football club to win the National Championship with his third string quarterback. He has been recruiting like a madman for a couple of years. The only thing that can potentially keep him from winning every year is Michigan sacking up and hiring Jim Harbaugh.

University of Miami (FL) is a **** in the bowl and clearly doesn't care about intercollegiate athletics.

Advertisement
He showed us what you're supposed to do to a good team when you have decided talent advantage.

Not only did he overcome the loss of his top two QBs, but he overcame 4 turnovers against an opportunistic team that feasts on turnovers to quickly flip momentum. They turned those fsu turnovers into 34 points the previous week. Urb held the team together, and I think they gave up 0 points off their 4 turnovers.

Remember how all the Folden nut clingers blamed the 2 turnovers for vag tech humiliating us last year? Or how Duke is the new whipping boy for these assh0les because of a couple fumbles?

Real coaches don't let their teams completely fall apart when hit with adversity. Pieces of **** like Folden just make excuses.

Third team QB and 4 turnovers. And he guts one of the top teams in college football.

Undefeated at UTAH and beat Bama. Should've been in the title game

2 titles at Florida

Undefeated first season at OSU which they should've been in the title game again

National title with OSU

Best to ever lace em up

Irvin Mayahs earns every penny in his contract.

Can you blame kids for spurning El Foldo and playing for Irvin Mayahs? Johnny Dixon and the others look like they made pretty intelligent decisions at this point.

He didn't even have to make any excuses in Year One at ******* Bowling Green (went 8-3). Everywhere he goes, he wins immediately, then starts winning MORE.

Given the man's shadiness, I have to suspect some sort of Robert Johnson/Dr. Faustus type of deal with Satan.

Advertisement
Plus, he's only 50 years old. He has A LOT of coaching left to do. Funny how no one gives a crap about all the arrests at Florida under his watch either. Watching Ohio State was hard to watch last night because that is how a well-coached looks. I'd give up my right and left nuts to have Meyer coaching at da U.

Irvin Mayahs earns every penny in his contract.

Can you blame kids for spurning El Foldo and playing for Irvin Mayahs? Johnny Dixon and the others look like they made pretty intelligent decisions at this point.

Not only will he get you championships, he's totally cool with you committing serious crimes. What's not to like?

Hate him but have to respect what he has accomplished. Recruits well for his system. Develops well. Knows his team's strengths and weaknesses as well as his opponents. And knows how to take advantage of both.

Advertisement
Hate him but have to respect what he has accomplished. Recruits well for his system. Develops well. Knows his team's strengths and weaknesses as well as his opponents. And knows how to take advantage of both.

Exactly. The guy flat out has everything. He went through most of what Folden went through and look where he is
OSU had their own cloud, they still went undefeated
OSU had younger players, Meyer prepared them well
OSU knows how to recruit for their system.
I can't take our mediocrity much longer

Oh how I hate, and at the same time admire, OSU's program overall. Meyer is a master coach, school ambassador and evidently primo talent evaluator to go with seemingly effortless recruiting - firkin 3rd string QB guy wins a NC, after 2 prior Heisman candidates go down.

Now, look at us. SMDH

He showed us what you're supposed to do to a good team when you have decided talent advantage.

Not only did he overcome the loss of his top two QBs, but he overcame 4 turnovers against an opportunistic team that feasts on turnovers to quickly flip momentum. They turned those fsu turnovers into 34 points the previous week. Urb held the team together, and I think they gave up 0 points off their 4 turnovers.

Remember how all the Folden nut clingers blamed the 2 turnovers for vag tech humiliating us last year? Or how Duke is the new whipping boy for these assh0les because of a couple fumbles?

Real coaches don't let their teams completely fall apart when hit with adversity. Pieces of **** like Folden just make excuses.

Third team QB and 4 turnovers. And he guts one of the top teams in college football.

+ 1

Plus, he's only 50 years old. He has A LOT of coaching left to do. Funny how no one gives a crap about all the arrests at Florida under his watch either. Watching Ohio State was hard to watch last night because that is how a well-coached looks. I'd give up my right and left nuts to have Meyer coaching at da U.

Winning cures all. ****, I think scummy *** Tressell is being inducted in the college football HOF this year after all he did at Youngstown St. and OTU.

Who knows whether UM would have ever taken the necessary steps to be competitive if the NCAA hadnt been up our *** all of these years now...but while we retreat into our shell because of one piece of **** in Shapiro, well coached college powers have embraced the opportunity to build the war chest.

I'm no Saban or Meyer fan, but they are the difference these days...go nonstop and do whatever it takes to win or go home. Once you reach the media celebrity level (Saban at Alabama, Meyer at U***)...you are basically untouchable and do not have to cheat as much. You can take in the kids you need on name recognition and Ws for the most part.

Truly the entrepreneurs of modern day college football, and we have been shut out.

Butch may be the closest attainable coach to that level, but we are too f-n stupid to grasp the opportunity to right the ship.

UM

Advertisement
Oh how I hate, and at the same time admire, OSU's program overall. Meyer is a master coach, school ambassador and evidently primo talent evaluator to go with seemingly effortless recruiting - firkin 3rd string QB guy wins a NC, after 2 prior Heisman candidates go down.

Now, look at us. SMDH

Yep. Cardale Jones, cat hardly takes any snaps with the first team all year. Comes in and walks thru Wiscy, Bama and then Oregon in the biggest game of college football.

To accomplish what OSU has accomplished this year, with their 3rd string QB playing in the biggest three games of the season, is just incredible coaching - from recruiting, to development, Xs and Os, and culture of winning.

Still hate that program and everything about them. Hats off though. They are the champs.

Now, look at us. SMDH

Yep. Cardale Jones, cat hardly takes any snaps with the first team all year. Comes in and walks thru Wiscy, Bama and then Oregon in the biggest game of college football.

To accomplish what OSU has accomplished this year, with their 3rd string QB playing in the biggest three games of the season, is just incredible coaching - from recruiting, to development, Xs and Os, and culture of winning.

Still hate that program and everything about them. Hats off though. They are the champs.

Worse (for us haters) Jones is a massive, faster, better throwing Tebow. Meyer is set for another year with this guy. Sickening.

Exactly. The guy flat out has everything. He went through most of what Folden went through and look where he is
OSU had their own cloud, they still went undefeated
OSU had younger players, Meyer prepared them well
OSU knows how to recruit for their system.
I can't take our mediocrity much longer

I agree with most of what you have to say. But, if your to have any credibility, when comparing Meyer's situation with golden's you gotta get it right. Meyer was hired AFTER the SANCTIONS were KNOW. Huge difference when compared to what the NCAA did to TheU.

I sort of get the feeling that most if not all members here LIKE and APPRECIATE that the NCAA held the hammer over Miami's head for three years! But, I guess that's why maybe 3% of the total membership actually participates in the forum. That and the lack of credibility here.

Any way Miami's problems started before folden was hired, one. And two, folden was lied to by Miami/Shawn Eichorst (a Nebraska man and Miami AD at the time) before he was hired and then had to deal with the UNKNOWN for three years. Not and excuse! JUST FACT! Forget folden **** Meyer would still be ahead of folden. But, I doubt he would've been in the game last night. **** maybe he still would have made it, **** of a coach. Anyway, I'm as ****ed as everyone here. But, let's get the fact's right.

It's hard to hate and respect Meyer at the same time. But, he's a **** of a coach and folden, well he's in some other universe. Not even close.

Advertisement
Imagine Meyer at Miami, with the talent in S. FL, the dynasty he would build would be epic

Imagine Meyer at Miami, with the talent in S. FL, the dynasty he would build would be epic

Are you kidding? The sorts of criminal behavior he tolerates wouldn't be swept under the rug at Miami -- not with the press's history of covering Thug U. It would never last.

Advertisement
Back