Coral Gables Regional - Miami vs. Mizzou State @ 2PM

Advertisement
They need to start playing the Benny Hill theme music when this team is playing. It's a comedy at this point.

i wonder if the financial bath we are gonna take this weekend will be any more motivation to get morris the **** out the door

i wonder if the financial bath we are gonna take this weekend will be any more motivation to get morris the **** out the door

Even at it's peak the baseball program doesn't generate any real revenue. ****, how many people really follow Canes baseball? Couple thousand tops? What's the average attendance for games not against UNC, FSU or UF? I think that's why Morris is safe. There's just not enough people who give a **** and there's not enough loot at stake to compel them to make a move.

Advertisement

Even at it's peak the baseball program doesn't generate any real revenue. ****, how many people really follow Canes baseball? Couple thousand tops? What's the average attendance for games not against UNC, FSU or UF? I think that's why Morris is safe. There's just not enough people who give a **** and there's not enough loot at stake to compel them to make a move.
but as a regional host we have to guarantee and pay the ncaa a guaranteed amount of money

so unless UCF can bring a **** load of people down to carry it.......this weekend is going to cost the school alot of money

Last edited:

but as a regional host we have to guarantee and pay the ncaa a guaranteed amount of money

so unless UCF can bring a **** load of people down to carry it.......this weekend is going to cost the school alot of money

Maybe, but the attendance numbers even if Miami went on to win regional wouldn't be drastically higher. Higher yes, but again, it's a very limited fanbase anyway.

Maybe, but the attendance numbers even if Miami went on to win regional wouldn't be drastically higher. Higher yes, but again, it's a very limited fanbase anyway.
that isnt the point

the point is that based on our bid.....and a 2 and out.....its going to cost us money.......where 4 or 5 games at home wouldnt have......so in addition to **** poor play on the field.......said on field play just cost the school money as well

hopefully that loss will be enough to make a move

that isnt the point

the point is that based on our bid.....and a 2 and out.....its going to cost us money.......where 4 or 5 games at home wouldnt have......so in addition to **** poor play on the field.......said on field play just cost the school money as well

I understand where you're coming from, I'm saying the actual money lost versus what they could've had made is not enough to make them replace Morris. Throw in the fact that Morris has a contract through 2015, and there's no way UM wants to buy him out. Whatever money they "lost" on this regional is not as much as wat it would cost them to buy out Morris. He'll be here until 2015.

Advertisement

that isnt the point

I understand where you're coming from, I'm saying the actual money lost versus what they could've had made is not enough to make them replace Morris. Throw in the fact that Morris has a contract through 2015, and there's no way UM wants to buy him out. Whatever money they "lost" on this regional is not as much as wat it would cost them to buy out Morris. He'll be here until 2015.
baseball coaches dont have huge contracts or buyouts like football coaches do

that isnt the point

Yes, but the buyout for Morris would still be more than whatever they'd lose from this regional.

that isnt the point

Yes, but the buyout for Morris would still be more than whatever they'd lose from this regional.
do you know that for a fact?

do you know the terms of morris contract?

we also have no idea how much money we will lose this weekend......because UCF could still bail us out....although its unlikely they get that many people to show

that isnt the point

we also have no idea how much money we will lose this weekend......because UCF could still bail us out....although its unlikely they get that many people to show

UCF Fan isnt afraid to jump on a bandwagon. I think they draw well on Sunday.

Advertisement

i know they will bring a crowd.......i just wonder how many they will bring

Advertisement

i know they will bring a crowd.......i just wonder how many they will bring

Reading the Hearld this morning, the AD and Shalala were part of the whopping 1200 fans in attendance. Only 1200 on a Saturday afternoon! I say those numbers bode well for us (Us being fans who want Morris out).

All of the reasons why #3 might be safe are possibilities. But admittedly I havent read every post, his salary is likely pretty high. Don't give a **** about the program, then fire #3 and save some coin on the salary.

People would love this job. So much talent and traditio ,and unlike football wit ridiculous expectations and angry fans, our baseball fans are less abundant and less demanding

Advertisement
Back