Cookman Vs Miami Game Thread Miami 3 Cookman 0 top of 3rd

Advertisement
B-Radz with a great outing...just struck out the side in the 8th. 7-0 Canes, heading to Top 9.

Advertisement
Tip my hat to BRad for the outing today.

I wasn't even wearing a hat when the game started, but he earned it.

Collins! 3-run shot makes it 10-0 Canes. Top 9, 2 away.

Let's keep this going for the Red Gheyders.

Could Suarez pitch tomorrow night if we win tonight? Or would it be beauprez?
I'd throw Suarez about 5 innings, then link to Garcia with Hammond/Woodrey for the next 4.

Next weekend, you can always throw Diaz/Rads/Suarez. He would have enough rest.

Advertisement
Really glad the bats got going today. Hopefully it is the confidence we need to make a run against TT.

We just need to stay error free, and keep the bats rolling. We cannot allow ourselves to be flat like we were last night offensively.

I will say that our approach at the plate today was night and day from last night. We can't back down from that when things tighten up in crunch time.

Advertisement
A few really, really important aspects regarding today's game. First, the obvious is that the bats finally came alive and in a big way. We needed to have that for a confidence boost since we need to take 2 from TT now in the next 24 hours. Second, great outing for B-Rad allowing to save our bullpen. We might need to go pitcher by committee this evening so that was huge. Lastly, having Collins go deep twice is monsterous. If his bat can catch fire, we should be in very good shape. Great win now let's take these next two from TT.

A few really, really important aspects regarding today's game. First, the obvious is that the bats finally came alive and in a big way. We needed to have that for a confidence boost since we need to take 2 from TT now in the next 24 hours. Second, great outing for B-Rad allowing to save our bullpen. We might need to go pitcher by committee this evening so that was huge. Lastly, having Collins go deep twice is monsterous. If his bat can catch fire, we should be in very good shape. Great win now let's take these next two from TT.

Our bullpen is super rested for this far into a regional. The hooks will be quick if nec.

@Antwan I think Morris did the right thing by starting Kennedy today at Catcher and not Collins
Collins shows no energy out there and Kennedy is more solid

I would venture a guess that the reason we didn't play Collins at C today is so that he CAN play C tonight against Texas Tech. He can't catch a double header.

Why? Those of you who have never played need to stay out of the strategy discussions.

I was a catcher! One of two positions you don't want to play in a double header. Too much! He does have a point. No need to be arrogant. It was a smart move if that was the reason. Could have played him at first also, anywhere to keep him off his knees for 18 innings.

Advertisement
@Antwan I think Morris did the right thing by starting Kennedy today at Catcher and not Collins
Collins shows no energy out there and Kennedy is more solid

I would venture a guess that the reason we didn't play Collins at C today is so that he CAN play C tonight against Texas Tech. He can't catch a double header.

Why? Those of you who have never played need to stay out of the strategy discussions.

I was a catcher! One of two positions you don't want to play in a double header. Too much! He does have a point. No need to be arrogant. It was a smart move if that was the reason. Could have played him at first also, anywhere to keep him off his knees for 18 innings.

Also played a night game last night. So three games in 24 hrs. Catching. No. But stupid people gonna stupid. Please don't quote him if you can remember. I blocked him and its so much better here when he doesn't exist.

Collins DHing again tonight. Staying with what worked today.

Advertisement
Back