Coogs Fan Checking In

I’ll admit, a lot of Cougar fans were surprised to see him get the award also, but his value doesn’t show up on the stat sheet. He does a lot of little things that impact winning, which obviously got noticed by the other coaches in the AAC as that’s who votes on conference awards
He must be the Michael Jordan of "the little things"!

By the way, great writeup on your squad - thanks (y)

Advertisement
I love Brisket but pulled pork is BBQ in the other south. If somebody said they were barbecuing here it means a whole pig. Like when I lived in Ohio, Pa, Michigan everybody would say we are barbecuing today and I was hella confused. I would come over and they had a gas grill cooking steaks. I had to break it down that isn't barbecuing lol.
No, Bbq is slow cooked meat!

So the only way Houston loses according to their fans is if they have a bad night. They are already making excuses ahead of them losing..tooooooo funny.😊

Advertisement
So the only way Houston loses according to their fans is if they have a bad night. They are already making excuses ahead of them losing..tooooooo funny.😊
No, I would say Houston can still easily win if they have a bad night. The only way we lose is if Miami has a great night where everything they throw up goes in.

No, I would say Houston can still easily win if they have a bad night. The only way we lose is if Miami has a great night where everything they throw up goes
Does that even make sense🙃
It does if you watch basketball. It’s how elite defensive teams win. Houston can shoot 30% from the field and 13% from 3 and still win. That’s what you would call a bad game but still have an ability to win. Their defense travels and is always there even when the shots aren’t falling.

Advertisement
Does that even make sense🙃
No, it doesn't. Apparently, Miami is some mealy mouthed program that should be thanking their lucky stars they are even in the same arena with the second coming of Phi Slamma Jama. Never mind the fact that Miami has shown the ability to compete with anyone, never mind the fact that Miami has the guards and the athleticism to overwhelm anyone, including a Houston team that isn't fully healthy.

The Miami program is on the upside of the curve being Co champs of any conference that followed an appearance in the elite 8 qualifies this rise. But taking those metrics out of the equation you have a team this year that does not freak out and has an uncanny way of gliding to victories. They feel that at one point in a ball game they will take it over and that’s what happens.

Houston who is a mirror image of Miami is more physical and intimidating and like you saw against Auburn shut the game down when they needed to.

Where I differ with the odds is 7 point underdogs is a slap in the face to Miami and a motivator that I see working against Houston. Does it really matter no but Miami sometimes is up and down not playing to its full potential and this I see is a wake up call that could be to our benefit psychologically and emotion is a metric in my opinion.

It does if you watch basketball. It’s how elite defensive teams win. Houston can shoot 30% from the field and 13% from 3 and still win. That’s what you would call a bad game but still have an ability to win. Their defense travels and is always there even when the shots aren’t falling.
Your troll game is obvious. Too bad it's also tiresome. AMF.

Link

1679570953654.png

1679571301606.png

Advertisement
You watch basketball and you see Houston winning by 20, because…
you watch basketball.

Got it.

The best spots in the city are Truth BBQ, The Pit Room and Pinkerton's
We stayed in Houston when we went to the TAMU game and the food in that city was killer! Pappas BBQ was right next to our hotel and it was legit Their brisket was on point! Would eat there again! Taste of Texas was another joint I would go back to!

Advertisement
We stayed in Houston when we went to the TAMU game and the food in that city was killer! Pappas BBQ was right next to our hotel and it was legit Their brisket was on point! Would eat there again! Taste of Texas was another joint I would go back to!

Taste of Texas is good. Pappas is entry-level BBQ. Good in a pinch, but there's a reason why those other places have lines out the door during business hours. Pappas Bros Steakhouse though is great.

I love me some Q and spend a decent amount of time smoking food in my back yard in my smoker. I live in Orlando and 4 Rivers is my go to joint when I’m looking for some Q on the fly. Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse is another one of my favorite spots that serves up some awesome Q and I’m a huge fan of that South Carolina hash they be serving up in some of them regional bbq joints up there. I’ve had Joe’s in KC and that was incredible as well. Definitely gonna have to check out Truth next time I’m out that way!

The best spots in the city are Truth BBQ, The Pit Room and Pinkerton's
I’m a little late to the game on this convo, but thoughts on Roegels? Had it when I was last there on business.

Side note- this coug fan is way better than the other one.

Advertisement
Back