Convicts @ Canes Game 1 May 19th 7:00 p.m.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A month Ago I said these two series were guaranteed losses bc this team wouldn’t touch Messick or Bertrand. Please lord do not make me suffer through beating the two best starters in the league, only to still lose both series.

Need to show up early tomorrow and dominate.
Similar performance against Barco too. It’s against the “others” that we’ve had problems. Need to finish the job this time.

Advertisement
Similar performance against Barco too. It’s against the “others” that we’ve had problems. Need to finish the job this time.
I forgot about that. And yea the pitching drop off is a given. I’m more so talking about the lack of offense and defense when we’ve needed it. Couple of winnable games went the other way, that weren’t bc of starting pitching IMO.

Hope the crap baseball is behind them. Tonight wasn’t pretty at times but some really clutch hits from Gaby made it lob-sided

Masterclass on the mound tonight from everyone
The crap baseball may continue to find us but we overcame tonight. Huge for Gaby. 5 RBI in a game where we had like maybe 5 good swings total. McFarlane runner up man of the match.

Advertisement
What’s the scouting report on UNDs number 2 that we’ll face tomorrow? Big drop off from Bertrand?

Rough RPI effects for the series:
We sweep: +75. That’s our current gap to 4th
Win 2 of 3: +25. About half our gap to 8th.
Lose 2 of 3: -30. Roughly our gap to 14th
Get swept: -85. Our current gap to 21st.
We’ve moved back to 8th after Dallas Baptist finally managed to do something that damaged their RPI (losing to Indiana State).

Rough RPI impacts for the remaining two:
Win Both: +50 RPI points. Roughly our gap to 4th. Should be a comfortable Top 8 seed
Split: -5 RPI points. No change based on current gaps. Should be in position for a Top 8 but might need to win a game in Charlotte.
Lose Both: -60 RPI points. Roughly our current gap to 13th (ND would certainly jump us). In position to host, but may want to win a game in Charlotte to be certain. Would likely need to win the Tournament for a Top 8.

If we match VT the rest of the weekend, not only will we finish ahead of them in the league, but we’ll also end the regular season ahead of them in the RPI. They’re losing a handful of RPI points everytime they take the field against Duke.

Advertisement
Back