Convicts @ Canes Game 1 May 19th 7:00 p.m.

What’s the scouting report on UNDs number 2 that we’ll face tomorrow? Big drop off from Bertrand?
Everybody they have is a big drop off from Bertrand.

Temple goes on Saturdays for them. Tall, lanky, ginger kid with a big, over the top 12-6 breaking ball. Throws it a ton and strikes out a lot of guys with it. Decent fastball in the low 90s. Fastball definitely plays up bc he’s so long, and off that curveball. If I remember correctly, he’s a transfer from Jacksonville.

Advertisement
Everybody they have is a big drop off from Bertrand.

Temple goes on Saturdays for them. Tall, lanky, ginger kid with a big, over the top 12-6 breaking ball. Throws it a ton and strikes out a lot of guys with it. Decent fastball in the low 90s. Fastball definitely plays up bc he’s so long, and off that curveball. If I remember correctly, he’s a transfer from Jacksonville.
12-6 CB can be easy to adjust to, I just wonder how long it will take and how many K's he'll get before then.

MacFarlane looked very sharp last night. I thought Walters looked off right from the rip. Velo was down and missing more than usual. Even then, he still looked dominant, until that 1-hole guy hit the shot.

Would be a very good thing to see MacFarlane with that stuff, and what Gallo has been doing lately as well.

Will be nice getting Villegas back soon, and man I would love to see what Carrier could have done all season.

12-6 CB can be easy to adjust to, I just wonder how long it will take and how many K's he'll get before then.
Second part of that is the issue. My sorry with our lineup is half our guys, especially Burke, Pitelli, and Levenson chase. It’s fine to sit breaking ball early in counts, but not chase it out of the zone.

Second part of that is the issue. My sorry with our lineup is half our guys, especially Burke, Pitelli, and Levenson chase. It’s fine to sit breaking ball early in counts, but not chase it out of the zone.
EA33CF8E-501F-4FB3-BD59-CFBB46B7FE4F.jpeg

For a guy hitting .355 over 200 AB, Burke sure does swing at a ton of pitches that bounce.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just can’t understand with a 6-1 lead last night going away from McFarlane and using your two best relievers.

Zeil and Walters neither looked great.

Advertisement
Back