Construction on New Football Facility

Advertisement
1710211037690.png

Read rumors that the money is going to redirected to NIL and a possible nest egg for a ACC divorce settlement.

Of course take it with a grain of salt, but at least it sounds believable.

Advertisement
HUGE DESK , will get involved

Maudes should implement a new yearly award to a poster that is exemplifies supreme bigger then life in there posts , always strives above anybody on any topic to be right and supreme no matter how wrong they are with nose in the air .

Your thoughts @RVACane

Last edited:
Advertisement
Read rumors that the money is going to redirected to NIL and a possible nest egg for a ACC divorce settlement.

Yeah, that's not true at all.

Don't care if it sounds believable, it's a false rumor.

Advertisement
Great to hear

It's all good. Just went to an Atlanta Alumni Association event last week, spoke with Pat Whitely who is the VP of Student Affairs. Before that, she was the Director of Housing (back when I was a wee undergrad).

The were supposed to demolish Stanford first, but then they flip-flopped and did Hecht first. So now there is very little land on which to stage construction.

Complicated stuff. Even though the Towers are going away, the campus (generally) is getting taller. Everything is capped out at 7 stories, though. But we are going to have a LOT of 7-story buildings eventually.

EDIT: People have to realize, the dorms are REVENUE buildings. The dorms will pay for themselves over and over and over again. And those dorms need PARKING, which is approximately half of what will be built in front of the Wellness Center.

Advertisement

Funny, I read rumors that Miami Hurricanes fans still haven’t figured out that the school is in the city of Coral Gables and after decades, still haven’t learned how hard it is to do anything building wise in that city let alone multiple concurrent projects in close proximity. That can’t possibly be true because I am sure most Miami fans have learned something.

Now for everybody else- Miami has plenty enough money to build a facility, deal with NIL, and when it is necessary, pay whatever might be needed to move to another conference

Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk

Last edited:
It's all good. Just went to an Atlanta Alumni Association event last week, spoke with Pat Whitely who is the VP of Student Affairs. Before that, she was the Director of Housing (back when I was a wee undergrad).

The were supposed to demolish Stanford first, but then they flip-flopped and did Hecht first. So now there is very little land on which to stage construction.

Complicated stuff. Even though the Towers are going away, the campus (generally) is getting taller. Everything is capped out at 7 stories, though. But we are going to have a LOT of 7-story buildings eventually.

EDIT: People have to realize, the dorms are REVENUE buildings. The dorms will pay for themselves over and over and over again. And those dorms need PARKING, which is approximately half of what will be built in front of the Wellness Center.
I wish you would come back to the conference realignment thread and talk about anything you may have heard. A lot of stuff seems to be happening in the near future.......maybe. Should I DM you instead. I know you catch crap from some of the jerks so maybe that is why you have remained silent.

Advertisement
Back