Consistently Inconsistent

Miami's Ws are entirely predicated on the O.
Agree

Pitt's first drive is who our Miami D is, game after game.
Agree

If Miami doesn't score 35+, a loss can be expected, dare say likely.
Disagree.
All 7 opponents we've played average more than 10 ppg than the next 4 we play.
1st 7 teams: 38+ ppg
Next 4: 28 ppg

The litmus test on this statement will come vs FSU and VT.
I'm going under-60 in both games.

What is concerning, as it has been in years past, is Miami's O continues to have success in bursts, then goes completely flat. This must stop.
Disagree.

Since the second half of UVA, not that bad.
What I liked most was the "answer" to the NC State TD's and the two quick TD's by Pitt to stop their mo on Saturday.

Our Canes put enough points on the board to beat Pitt, but they never put Pitt away to win the contest on O without question, as yet again, the opponent's miscues are what helped to enable the victory.
Yes, we had chances to put them away.
I'll be more specific. We were in a position to put them away at 7:00 in the 4th.

We drive 60 yards to get to 3rd and 6 on our own 30... Rambo falls down, which would have been a 1st, and Harley falls down at the 5, which would have been a completion because the D back caught the ball on his knees.
This doesn't count as a miscue?? it Only counts when the other team effs up?
Miscues, as in the INT's?
TS made a great play on the ball on the first one (play of the game).
One the second, horrible pass and/or communication on the 2nd.
Guess what? When you wing it 60 times, chances are you're going to throw some bad ones.

That last statement is a pet peeve of mine for sure.
It's been years since we've played a clean game against a decent opponent yet other teams miscues are constantly brought up.

I think you are aware of what I think of the state of the program.
I'm trying to access this team from the view point of where they are right now as opposed to where I want them to be, or where i thought they would be.

@Empirical Cane
There you have it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back