2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know anything about Lew’s recruitment. If I know something, I usually just come right out and say it.

The only thing I know here is that his Dad is a long time lurker on this board. He’s got a few posts here and there.
Hopefully he can see how well regarded his son is. The fact that his son has become the number one center in the country out of high school is certainly something to be proud of.

Advertisement
I know a number of pilots that didn't go to Auburn or Embry Riddle. It is all about the hrs. Get thousands of hours, become a regional pilot, get more hours, get your chance at one of the big names. The big airlines need pilots and aren't requiring a degree in aviation.

Miami Dade County has some of the best flight schools and airline pilot certification facilities in the country - including full blown ****pit flight simulators for late generation commercial aircraft. He could easily attain his flight and aviation industry education and attend UM.

Advertisement
That Auburn bag must be something. Doesn't Lew and his dad have a pic of themselves wearing canes gear when he was just a kid?

Seems like a business decision and I can respect that
You must have skipped over the last page or so… it appears it’s the kid’s choice and he just wants to go to Auburn.

You must have skipped over the last page or so… it appears it’s the kid’s choice and he just wants to go to Auburn.
Clearly, ain’t no way I’m sending my kid to play for Hooker and Blow Hugh.

Foolish to concede this yet before Mirabal goes in-home, however.

Advertisement
The Pan Am Flight Training Simulation Center is located in Miami ... the only remaining operating division of Pan Am World Airways. They have an incredible array of flight simulators (full blown ****pit types) for 757, 777 and even Airbus A320. There must be at least half a dozen highly regarded Flight Schools like ADF Airways that offer flight programs beginning with private pilot license, then adding the instrument rating certification course, "Transition to Jet", and commercial pilot certification for both single and multi engine. There are pilots being trained and foreign pilots getting their US FAA certifications continuously. ADF operates out of what used to be Tamiami Airport, now called Miami Executive Airport.

Advertisement
I know a number of pilots that didn't go to Auburn or Embry Riddle. It is all about the hrs. Get thousands of hours, become a regional pilot, get more hours, get your chance at one of the big names. The big airlines need pilots and aren't requiring a degree in aviation.
Exactly right! Got a nephew right now and it's all about the numbers. In fact, going the route of a college aviation school is often looked upon as a detriment.

Exactly right! Got a nephew right now and it's all about the numbers. In fact, going the route of a college aviation school is often looked upon as a detriment.
Delta started a "fast track" program a couple of yeas ago with Embry Riddle.

Advertisement
Delta started a "fast track" program a couple of yeas ago with Embry Riddle.
It was smart on the part of Delta to do this. They then don't have to "unteach" a lot of garbage that these university flight programs teach.

The Pan Am Flight Training Simulation Center is located in Miami ... the only remaining operating division of Pan Am World Airways. They have an incredible array of flight simulators (full blown ****pit types) for 757, 777 and even Airbus A320. There must be at least half a dozen highly regarded Flight Schools like ADF Airways that offer flight programs beginning with private pilot license, then adding the instrument rating certification course, "Transition to Jet", and commercial pilot certification for both single and multi engine. There are pilots being trained and foreign pilots getting their US FAA certifications continuously. ADF operates out of what used to be Tamiami Airport, now called Miami Executive Airport.

Appreciate all the good info you're bringing on this. My question is, though, if he were to pursue this at AU rather than somewhere in MDC, who covers the most cost, if not all? I know it's not cheap in regard to out of pocket expenses.

Appreciate all the good info you're bringing on this. My question is, though, if he were to pursue this at AU rather than somewhere in MDC, who covers the most cost, if not all? I know it's not cheap in regard to out of pocket expenses.
I am sure that UM could arrange the program and UM could pay for the course work. It's not cheap but not outrageous either. Especially in the current environment of NIL programs. Also considering it would be spread out over a 3 year (most likely) period.

There is a pilot training group ATP ... that has 76 pilot training centers around the country and has a location in Miami and also Fort Lauderdale. The budgeted cost for someone with NO prior training is around $100,000 to end up with a Commercial Pilot Rating along with Flight Instructor Certifications (that would normally include basic single engine license, then add instrument rating, then basic jet, multi engine. Given his value to the program that is a very doable number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back