2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What The []__[] did for race wars in Miami, and nationally by transforming CFB can't be compared to ND and Michigan.

As a brand our university holds a different relevance in the social fabric of our society.
Sure from that standpoint but there are others. Michigan and ND like Miami push this narrative of a brotherhood that bigger than football. You join a fraternity that is bonded for life. Look, I love this program, but I’ve been around not only long enough but around enough people to realize we aren’t the only show in town. I think we are the best when it comes down to the outside of football family but other see it differently.

Advertisement
I am an Auburn grad and a Miami grad and agree. Freeze was not at all what I expected They try to run out Harsin in Feb because of rumors of an affair hoping they could get out of paying his buyout but Freeze has a clean reputation- gag. I just don’t trust him at all.
Your gonna love him
Winner at every stop
If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying
He would have killed it here at Miami

I am from Terre Haute Indiana. The first time I saw the campus at University of Miami I thought it was the most beautiful place that I have ever seen. I have been to Bloomington, West Lafayette, Champaign, South Bend, and Columbus. Miami is just better. Midwest folks are used to seeing different colored leaves in the fall and early winter. Everyone who is not a midwest guy thinks it is beautiful. That is not beautiful to me. When I saw a palm trees in December and 76 degrees I was amazed.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Advertisement
I am from Terre Haute Indiana. The first time I saw the campus at University of Miami I thought it was the most beautiful place that I have ever seen. I have been to Bloomington, West Lafayette, Champaign, South Bend, and Columbus. Miami is just better. Midwest folks are used to seeing different colored leaves in the fall and early winter. Everyone who is not a midwest guy thinks it is beautiful. That is not beautiful to me. When I saw a palm trees in December and 76 degrees I was amazed.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Was at Smith Wollensky last weekend and then went for a walk on the beach after dinner...

It's different.

Last edited:
Advertisement

#TheMiamiHateIsReal
MFers got furman at 18! Yea the lake/ bell tower is cool. But the rest of the campus is mediocre mid Atlantic boring fake historical brick style. When I did a college tour I couldn’t wait to leave. I’ve visited quite a few campuses and only one that come close to me is Duke, but that’s mostly just cause it’s iconic. There is no campus that I’d rather live on then miami’s

Advertisement
As a proud Miami alumni, I say this with all sincerity...

even with the resort-like upgrades (huge plus!) Miami isn't even Top 50 of most beautiful campuses (beauty in eye of beholder obviously).

Auburn's is significantly nicer (again beauty) as is Clemson, Duke, and Wake Forest (might be #1 in entire country).

I love our Canes as we all do, but if this Lew cat is a country boy who wants to fly, he'll at least think about Auburn.

This is why Big Manny gets paid the big cafecitos...
Man he could be flying out of Opa Locka and doing touch and go landings in Bimini and Key West.

You just compared miamis campus to campuses in Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Whew. You must be talking about strictly architecture .

Coral Gables is basically a tropical rainforest in a major metropolitan city. Nothing compares. Maybe Hawaii and Pepperdine
I basically spit up my coffee when he said that. UM is one of the most beautiful campuses around and it's getting even nicer. It's in a beautiful area with amazing weather. Like WTF is he smoking.

Advertisement
I basically spit up my coffee when he said that. UM is one of the most beautiful campuses around and it's getting even nicer. It's in a beautiful area with amazing weather. Like WTF is he smoking.
I’ve been blessed to have seen some spectacular places in my life. But to this day one of the places that truly takes my breath away every time I visit is Fairchild Rainforest Botanical Garden…. A short drive from UM’s campus. If UM wanted to recreate a similar landscape they absolutely could. It’s truly paradise on earth. But as he mentioned beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I’ve been blessed to have seen some spectacular places in my life. But to this day one of the places that truly takes my breath away every time I visit is Fairchild Rainforest Botanical Garden…. A short drive from UM’s campus. If UM wanted to recreate a similar landscape they absolutely could. It’s truly paradise on earth. But as he mentioned beauty is in the eye of the beholder

It's nowhere near the scale, beauty, or scope, but the Gifford Arboretum on campus is a really nice place for a peaceful morning stroll with a cup of coffee (or late night shenanigans).

Not a TOP aviation program ... an aviation program. Purdue offers 10 different aviation programs and has the TOP aviation program offerings of any major university. Auburn isn't even mentioned in the "top 10". He could attend UM and take courses in the aeronautical engineering disciple combined with flight lessons locally and be ahead of what Auburn is offering.
You don't need to go to one of these schools to work for the airlines. Having graduated UM with a Marketing degree I went to a flight school that all you did fly full time. Sunday I will in charge of 292 people headed to Korea. I flown with a few guys who went the Auburn, Purdue, North Dakota school route. There are more ways to get to the majors that can be better and or faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back