2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The percentage is down to 92.1%

Somebody PLEASE TALK ME OFF THE LEDGE

PerkyForkedIcefish-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
[/QUOTE]
I think Kinsler has the ability to kick outside in a pinch. His feet are just that good.

What's your take on Lew? Looks good with a nice offer list but came out of nowhere. I'm sure the staff was on him a while behind the scenes...any word inside how they regard this kid?

Advertisement
Lew ( top ranked center)
Mauigoa ( top ranked LT/ probably second in the nation behind Samson
Kinsler- Massive Guard
Tripp- Guard/ Center that projects as a P5 starter
Tinelau- Raw with massive potential
Samson- The crown jewel, physical specimen yet to commit.

That OL class will play for a National Championship.

With what WR's..?

russell-westbrook-nba.gif

Advertisement
Lew ( top ranked center)
Mauigoa ( top ranked LT/ probably second in the nation behind Samson
Kinsler- Massive Guard
Tripp- Guard/ Center that projects as a P5 starter
Tinelau- Raw with massive potential
Samson- The crown jewel, physical specimen yet to commit.

That OL class will play for a National Championship.
Remember this.

Last year at this time we had Falentha Carswell as our only OL commit. His only highlights were practice clips without pads. I remember the Coach Hayes breakdown and he was visibly frustrated by it. Not at the kid, but at the take and the reality that we had nobody else committed in the trenches.

Fast forward to this summer. Hayes is visibly tickled with all our OL takes and I can't wait to see a breakdown on Lew.

Remember this.

Last year at this time we had Falentha Carswell as our only OL commit. His only highlights were practice clips without pads
. I remember the Coach Hayes breakdown and he was visibly frustrated by it. Not at the kid, but at the take and the reality that we had nobody else committed in the trenches.

Fast forward to this summer. Hayes is visibly tickled with all our OL takes and I can't wait to see a breakdown on Lew.
something turned inside of me and not in a good way. We were literally a razor thin margin away from becoming irrelevant. This dream that we are living in would have been just that as Miami was well on it's way to becoming Duke 2.0 forever.

*Shudders

Advertisement
something turned inside of me and not in a good way. We were literally a razor thin margin away from becoming irrelevant. This dream that we are living in would have been just that as Miami was well on it's way to becoming Duke 2.0 forever.

*Shudders
True that.

I've thought to myself when I look at our current commit list: Who would be committed if Manny was still here?

Emory would be it IMO because he was found by Ponce who could've been an OC candidate if Manny was retained.

Thank the LAWD we courageously stepped up and are in full transformation mode.

Mario must really dislike what he sees at our center spot to be taking 2 in the same class potentially

Big Baby Seymour is small. I really liked him, but he's closer to Alex Mirabal in size than Tommy Kinsler, yafeelme? I can see this staff not loving him unless his skill, technique, and other traits are just next level to disregard his size and I believe he's well over 300 at this point, but he's still pretty short (6'1"-ish on a good day?).

Ryan Rodriguez, IMO, was a guard prospect. A center in a pinch as he can snap, but more of a guard that relies on technique and skill...plus, last I checked in, he just still needed to get bigger and stronger. Just checked the official roster...only 6-2 275lbs. Thats not going to cut it on a Mirabal offensive line here.

This is a different OL Coach, Head Coach, and philosophy on the offense. I can understand this staff really needing to overhaul the OL with guys that fit what they are looking for first.

Also, some of yall get too caught up in tackle, guard, center designations...IMO, simply focus on interior OL and guys that can project as a tackle. I look at a guy like Tripp and see a guy that should be evaluated as a center and guard...same with Lew. Versatility is important, obviously.

Advertisement
It’s been behind the scenes

ONLY CURIOUS.... Have you heard if he's been a prospect they've had coveted or one they shifted to based on news with others they've been recruiting? And if all of this has been reported already call me an ******* and tell me to search for it. Didn't see a mention in here.

ONLY CURIOUS.... Have you heard if he's been a prospect they've had coveted or one they shifted to based on news with others they've been recruiting? And if all of this has been reported already call me an ******* and tell me to search for it. Didn't see a mention in here.

Miami has always been targeting him. He just ain’t a 5 star WR with no hands so they don’t talk about him much. A 3 star center prospect who doesn’t tweet or have drama doesn’t get much board activity. He is 1 of, if not the best center prospect in high school I believe. I thought for sure he was going to auburn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back