2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

"Finely’s arrest comes just days after the Auburn Tiger made history as the first college football player to ink a NIL deal with Amazon selling shirts, sweatshirts, phone cases, and other merchandise from his product line. "

Wait is that a NIL deal or did he just set up an Amazon merchant account and post his shirts?

This confuses me

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
I wouldn't say Miami "got off pretty good" either. The investigation went on for several years keeping a cloud over Miami where the program was negatively recruited against and we couldn't fight back.

Looking at where college football is now and what Miami was accused of giving out a bunch of Scooby-Doo snacks is just rediculous.

The NCAA schemed on Miami for BS while turning a blind eye to the SEC.

It's like a drug dealer having the police in his pocket. They arrest his competitors to keep up appearances while the kingpin moves heavy weight.
Agreed, I was just using their language and why things didn’t go worse for us.

Mario must really dislike what he sees at our center spot to be taking 2 in the same class potentially
It takes at least 2 seasons to develop a center - and by that time, J. Clark will be gone. Who else is left on the roster besides Denis who could end up playing at guard? And Ryan Rodriguez hasn't met the expectations at all so far.

It takes at least 2 seasons to develop a center - and by that time, J. Clark will be gone. Who else is left on the roster besides Denis who could end up playing at guard? And Ryan Rodriguez hasn't met the expectations at all so far.

True. I thought Denis would be next so we would take 1. I guess if there isn’t roster limits or recruiting limits might as well stack chips

Advertisement
8778DA44-8369-43F4-BF32-FD7100C432AE.gif

Mario must really dislike what he sees at our center spot to be taking 2 in the same class potentially
I dont know, I feel like he and Mirabel look at an o-linemen and say, "He's listed as a center, but could be a great guard or tackle". I just think they do not have tunnel vision when recruiting an o-lineman. When they evaluate and see talent, they try to get them in and develop them into the best they can be on the line in any role.

Mario mentioned in his presser that Rodriguez has a significant injury. Do we know the severity?

Advertisement
Lew is an elite center prospect, not at all questioning his skill. He’s **** good - but do we need two?

Didn’t most on this board say Tripp wasn’t the best guard prospect and we saw him as a pretty **** good center? Trying to wrap my head around taking both unless Seymore and Rodriguez are booty.

Hopefully this is an indicator we’re signing a humongous class, because spots for a normal-sized class are starting to dwindle and we have glaring positions of need.

"Seymore and Rodriguez are booty."

Answered your own question

Advertisement
Saglpolou can play center but this year he will play RG, also good to see Clark bulk up and get stronger.

I wouldn't say Miami "got off pretty good" either. The investigation went on for several years keeping a cloud over Miami where the program was negatively recruited against and we couldn't fight back.

Looking at where college football is now and what Miami was accused of giving out a bunch of Scooby-Doo snacks is just rediculous.

The NCAA schemed on Miami for BS while turning a blind eye to the SEC.

It's like a drug dealer having the police in his pocket. They arrest his competitors to keep up appearances while the kingpin moves heavy weight.
the sopranos smile GIF

Advertisement
I dont know, I feel like he and Mirabel look at an o-linemen and say, "He's listed as a center, but could be a great guard or tackle". I just think they do not have tunnel vision when recruiting an o-lineman. When they evaluate and see talent, they try to get them in and develop them into the best they can be on the line in any role.
agree on guards and centers. Tackles are a bit of a different animal.

Lews film is crazy good you can see he has a wrestling background, if we get him and Samson with all the other great OL recruits already committed, we shall be known as -The International House of Pancakes. Will be some great NIL deals to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back