2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Well, according to Bill Walsh, you don’t want your center to be too tall.

CENTER

Ideal size: 6-2, 290

“Many people believe that a shorter center is better. Again you must have girth, maybe less than the other linemen. Being shorter helps you do a great number of things in a very small area. A big body just becomes a hindrance. It's like a jockey weighing more than 150 pounds. You need a center who is so quick that he can move in between people. Shorter guys can do that better than taller, rangy guys.”
That was 30 years ago.

Kid wants to be a commercial pilot. I have no insight whatsoever, but I would assume auburn.

I’m under the impression we passed. Too small much like several guys on the current roster. Mario wants big dudes. 6-1 centers aren’t it. If I’m wrong, feel free to correct me.

I think he’s going to Auburn.

I’m under the impression we passed. Too small much like several guys on the current roster. Mario wants big dudes. 6-1 centers aren’t it. If I’m wrong, feel free to correct me.

Obviously I don't know if we passed but we do have an army of current interior OL in the 6-2 6-3 range.We need bigger types.

Advertisement
Having played center at the JV level with a migdet for quarterback and me being 170 soaking wet in molasses it was simply my short stature that allowed him to see over my head and his trust in my ability to make presnap blocking adjustments and cut block the **** out of whoever was about to hand deliver my scrawny **** into the QB lap. Somehow it worked and we went undefeated.
A quality center needs to be high IQ and very strong and stout with quick reaction time. The shorter size at 6'2 6'3 allows him a lower center of gravity to work from and explode at lower pad level. Others here are 1000x better than I at explaining the above. Nose tackles cut from the hulk cloth can destroy an undersized center and stall the run game

Interesting note on Lew, kid is going to be 17 years old as a freshman in college and carries a 4.0 currently. Extremely bright kid who will be able to handle all of the nuances that the OC position requires. Extremely high on this kid.

Rusty (UGA mod) said tonight that he thinks he goes to Auburn, fwiw.

Love having a center that is intelligent, especially since they are usually tasked with reading the front 7 and calling out blocking assignments.

I don’t think so. He wants to be a pilot snd auburn has an aviation program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a Steph Curry post before he commits

#1 center in the country and rated 3 stars?
I don't follow ratings and rankings that much just curious.
Isn't the #1 Center in the country self inflicted?
Could be wrong; but I don't think I've seen that next to his name other than on his Twitter/IG.

Advertisement
#1 center in the country and rated 3 stars?
I don't follow ratings and rankings that much just curious.
Not that I agree with the logic but 247 bases their ratings on NFL projections. The final thirty two 5 stars reflect the 32 picks in the 1st rnd of the NFL draft. Centers rarely if ever get drafted in the 1st round, hence you wont see them rated as 5 stars or extremely high on that website.

That’s interesting. Doesn’t sound like someone they passed on here. This was a week ago, btw.

View attachment 202235
D8758C7D-EBA4-4E12-86D9-21AFE13E7026.gif

Gaby vs Kipp - Canes/Dawgs

Not that I agree with the logic but 247 bases their ratings on NFL projections. The final thirty two 5 stars reflect the 32 picks in the 1st rnd of the NFL draft. Centers rarely if ever get drafted in the 1st round, hence you wont see them rated as 5 stars or extremely high on that website.
Interesting.

Yep sorta like kickers…. They’re Very important, but being tops at the position won’t get you a 5 star ranking. This is really an Evaluation and Development position. When your finalist are Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, and Miami that speaks louder than any star designation by some analyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back