2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My unknowledgable take is if Mario is recruiting Lew ontop of having Tripp already locked in, then there must be some no bueno depth at center that they're seeing at the moment.

****, bring in a 50 man class (exaggerating a bit) for all I care if it means that a roster mass exodus is needed lol. Competition breeds success, if miami got both Lew and Tripp, whoever doesn't win the position will likely be cross trained at center and guard, which in itself is a win for us and them/their prospective development for getting looks at the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
this kid keeps visiting places and leaving without a committable offer due to height. i know Clemson and UGA passed. no beuno

Well, according to Bill Walsh, you don’t want your center to be too tall.

CENTER

Ideal size: 6-2, 290

“Many people believe that a shorter center is better. Again you must have girth, maybe less than the other linemen. Being shorter helps you do a great number of things in a very small area. A big body just becomes a hindrance. It's like a jockey weighing more than 150 pounds. You need a center who is so quick that he can move in between people. Shorter guys can do that better than taller, rangy guys.”

Yes he did. He was a guard. At the time he was as wide as he is tall.
@rsa coral gables why the disagree?

Talk to anyone who knew Mirabel at CCHS or while at undergrad at FIU; they'd say the same thing. Mirabel was heavy-set as a kid. He went on a crazy 180 to fix his stature. He is a maniac with his eating and fitness (easily knocks out 5 to 10 miles a day).

Advertisement
Not physical? I know this is ultimately an opinion based business, I get it…but you really watch that tape and think not physical? He puts people on the ground every other play and doesn’t stop until they are there.
Not physical enough, Mario and Mirabal only want guys that drive their opponents THRU the ground and atleast to the core of the earth

“Again you must have girth, maybe less than the other linemen. Being shorter helps you do a great number of things in a very small area. A big body just becomes a hindrance. Shorter guys can do that better than taller, rangy guys.”
@JG14 just read this….

3aIA.gif

Interesting note on Lew, kid is going to be 17 years old as a freshman in college and carries a 4.0 currently. Extremely bright kid who will be able to handle all of the nuances that the OC position requires. Extremely high on this kid.

Rusty (UGA mod) said tonight that he thinks he goes to Auburn, fwiw.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back