2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lew is an elite center prospect, not at all questioning his skill. He’s **** good - but do we need two?

Didn’t most on this board say Tripp wasn’t the best guard prospect and we saw him as a pretty **** good center? Trying to wrap my head around taking both unless Seymore and Rodriguez are booty.

Hopefully this is an indicator we’re signing a humongous class, because spots for a normal-sized class are starting to dwindle and we have glaring positions of need.

Last edited:
Lew is an elite center prospect, not at all questioning his skill. He’s **** good - but do we need two? Didn’t most on this board say Tripp wasn’t the best guard prospect and we saw him as a pretty **** good center? Trying to wrap my head around taking both unless Seymore and Rodriguez are booty.

I’ve touched on this as well, it isn’t ideal but at the end of the day all we can do is trust these guys. Also, your last point could be correct as well. Lew > Tripp IMO. In my opinion, and this is just an assumption but if Lew comes on board, then they must feel Tripp could help at guard.

Lew is an elite center prospect, not at all questioning his skill. He’s **** good - but do we need two?

Didn’t most on this board say Tripp wasn’t the best guard prospect and we saw him as a pretty **** good center? Trying to wrap my head around taking both unless Seymore and Rodriguez are booty.

Hopefully this is a sign we’re signing a humongous class, because spots for a normal-sized class are starting to dwindle and we have glaring positions of need.

you think this guy has starting potential? looked too thin and weak to play center.

Advertisement
If they take 2 centers this class that should tell us what they think of Seymour and Rodriguez
I think it's been mentioned that the new staff thinks Rodriguez is way too small for their liking. They've already brought in 4 of their own guys between Sagopalu (sp?), Denis, McCoy, and Anez Cooper on the OL and are now looking to add 5-7 guys in this class and possibly some transfers coming in next fall as well with only Olawusen, Nelson, and Sacife leaving. Shows you exactly what Mario and Mirabel think of the group they were left with.

Advertisement
this kid keeps visiting places and leaving without a committable offer due to height. i know Clemson and UGA passed. no beuno

It is an interesting recruitment b/c he has solid film but you're right, he's not very physical. That's the main reason our coaches passed on him after they sized him up on a visit, supposedly. Interesting that his name keeps resurfacing.

One thing I’ll never worry about is our OL recruiting. Mirabel and Crostobal know the oline so if they want a guy, I’m in. Don’t care if other schools passed on the guy.
With their track record I’m not sure why anyone would doubt them. **** if Searles passes on a kid but Mario/Mirabal want him, who’s eval are we gonna trust more?

It is an interesting recruitment b/c he has solid film but you're right, he's not very physical. That's the main reason our coaches passed on him after they sized him up on a visit, supposedly. Interesting that his name keeps resurfacing.

Not physical? I know this is ultimately an opinion based business, I get it…but you really watch that tape and think not physical? He puts people on the ground every other play and doesn’t stop until they are there.

Advertisement
Not physical? I know this is ultimately an opinion based business, I get it…but you really watch that tape and think not physical? He puts people on the ground every other play and doesn’t stop until they are there.
100 percent. He has some mean streak to him; I don’t think anyone should question his toughness or talent. One of the top centers in the country for a reason

It’s the position I’m puzzled with.

Advertisement

Sorry, I meant to say physical in appearance. The guy is slight and the reason why he left without an offer was because his body shape was not what they're looking for, supposedly (ie. he's smaller than they had thought he'd be).

Sorry, I meant to say physical in appearance. The guy is slight and the reason why he left without an offer was because his body shape was not what they're looking for, supposedly (ie. he's smaller than they had thought he'd be).

Understood. I don’t see any official measurements on him either but again, if they are good with it then hey.

Supposedly this kid wants to be a pilot and I guess Auburn has some kind of Aviation program that they are selling hard.

Sounds like it will be UGA with Auburn making it interesting.

I care more about arm length than height tbh. Would gladly take Lew if he wants in. View him and Tripp as interior guys with center/guard versatility. (Also, Linderbaum at Iowa was 6'3 and the best center in college football last year). As long as Lew is around that, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back