2023 Connor Lew: COMMITS! (Flips to Auburn 12/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what? You love these threads.

Look I’m not gonna lie, I sometimes enjoy reading the hyper hysterical flailing, because I’m used to being in a professional environment so this is a nice change, but then it gets to a point where you go JFC calm the fūck down, ladies.

This is basically a hobby after all, we’re not supposed to be self flagellating on a 24/7/365 basis.

Advertisement
This is one of the most important recruits in this class. Clark is good but not elite. You can see the drop off when he is out though, and you saw the improvement when he took over for Gaynor. Lew is better and will be the anchor of this OL Mario is building.

Lew's dad is a huge UM fan and for them to even go on the visit this late is a bad sign. Hopefully the visit high is just that and he sees the OL we are bringing in to line up next to him

You’re projecting a 17 year old that hasn’t even participated in his high school prom, to be the anchor of our offensive line? That’s a bold strategy cotton.

Sure I like him as a player, and he must well thought of for us to have pursued and accepted his commitment, but dude, come on.

So does Mario have an in-home with the kid still? Some here were saying yes, but Ferman (I know I know) saying Mirabel is going to visit to try to “save” things with a likely flip coming.

Advertisement
The campus is nice. I think everyone likes diff things. Being from Miami I hate the weather tbh esp now. It’s not even a slight cool down anymore. Straight miserable heat. Campus is nice at Miami. In comparison, I thought Stanford was nice too.
My daughter was a swimmer and we went to Auburn for a meet about 10 years ago. People can talk about it being country but that campus was postcard beautiful.

Ferman reporting a "strong chance Lew flips to Auburn" Mirabal visiting to try and save it since Mario already used his in-home
Reassuring Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Close one.

Advertisement
Ferman reporting a "strong chance Lew flips to Auburn" Mirabal visiting to try and save it since Mario already used his in-home
mario is elite at this so i dont want to question his tactic w the in home but ill do it anyways haha - wonder why he used it first. i always thought the HC usually saves the in home for the end but again mario knows what hes doing so he doesnt need any advice from me lol

Lots of trending in these threads toward, well we got other guys and it’s better than Manny…

**** THAT

Mario is an elite recruiter. He’s our $8M man. If he is recruiting a kid, then he wants him on the team, not an either or, so you get him or you don’t.

This happy to be in the game bull**** is why we’re 20 years into the abyss.

Close the class Mario. It is what you do!!!

Let’s ******* go!!!

7310E717-3B6D-4481-AAE2-34408C270129.gif

Advertisement
mario is elite at this so i dont want to question his tactic w the in home but ill do it anyways haha - wonder why he used it first. i always thought the HC usually saves the in home for the end but again mario knows what hes doing so he doesnt need any advice from me lol
Idk man but he can only be so many places at once.

Probably has a million people he’s trying to visit and see before ESD

It’s easy to say to do things differently in hindsight too, but I trust Mario.

Maybe if he hadn’t visited before the Auburn visit Lew flips there on the spot. The visit helps keep him sticky enough to get us time for Lil Alex to make a bag drop afterwards lol

Advertisement
That's a part of the recruiting game I always find interesting as it unfolds

Maybe Mario just found out about the Auburn visit on his in home

Maybe he knew about the trip and thought the best strategy would be to use the in home before to convince him to not take the trip rather than reeling him back in after the fact

With ESD 9 days away, doesnt seem like he burned it too early, but who knows. He also has a bunch of in homes to do, so Im sure coordinating all of these with the families is not always easy. But we also have zoom which he can do at any time I would believe. Not as impactful as sitting down in a living room, but still more personal than a call.

Either way, I think more and more kids are going to play this game closer to the finish line and hold their negotiating power as long as possible so the teams can keep 1 upping the other till the last minute. Which sucks because you like to have an early committed core to help recruiting during the process

Idk man but he can only be so many places at once.

Probably has a million people he’s trying to visit and see before ESD

It’s easy to say to do things differently in hindsight too, but I trust Mario.

Maybe if he hadn’t visited before the Auburn visit Lew flips there on the spot. The visit helps keep him sticky enough to get us time for Lil Alex to make a bag drop afterwards lol
My guess is this week is largely filled with in home visits of uncommitted guys that they are trying to lock down like Samson.

He's not been able to clone himself i guess.....can't hit all our guys to secure and all other guys to get in the last 2-3 days to make sure you're last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back