Congrats to the baseball squad (deserves its own thread)

STG

Recruit
Congrats to this squad for winning the Coastal in the ACC & earning the #1 seed in the ACC tourney. Hopefully its enough for a national seed. Now let's care of business in the tourney.

Advertisement
I will admit the beginning to this season had me worried.... I was about to jump on the 'Fire Morris" bandwagon

Something finally clicked with this team. We have a lot of young talent and they came into their own very quickly. The best part is that they are here for another 2 seasons at least.

Its good to see Canes baseball winning again. Its been tough to see year after year our guys have the top recruiting class, but lose 2-3 guys who get drafted in the first or second round of the MLB draft.

gotta keep recruiting the kids who are likely to be drafted from the 10th round on now adays, any kid who gets drafted in rounds 1-10 is almost always never going to step foot on campus. If we can keep doing that well get back to being in omaha on a yearly basis

gotta keep recruiting the kids who are likely to be drafted from the 10th round on now adays, any kid who gets drafted in rounds 1-10 is almost always never going to step foot on campus. If we can keep doing that well get back to being in omaha on a yearly basis

Could you imagine the squad we'd have right now if guys like Christian Yelich, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, and Albert Almora, etc would have made it to campus???

Scary.

Could you imagine the squad we'd have right now if guys like Christian Yelich, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, and Albert Almora, etc would have made it to campus???

Scary.

Manny Machado! Enough said!

Advertisement

Scary.

Pretty sure he was committed to FIU

Congrats to this squad for winning the Coastal in the ACC & earning the #1 seed in the ACC tourney. Hopefully its enough for a national seed. Now let's care of business in the tourney.

We are gonna get the national seed!!! Nobody can name 8 teams that deserve it more. Nobody can, I bet ya!! ESPNU homers were touting 4 $EC teams as national seeds. What BS!!! Go Canes!!! Doing serious work on the road while others break even. Love it!!

Scary.

Pretty sure he was committed to FIU

I thought it was Miami!

Bringing Gino back was a huge part of this. The recruiting classes are better, with less 0 shot kids and more balance. Plus, our hitters have a much better approach at the plate. More walks and less hacking. They look like they have a plan at the plate now, which was sorely missing when Mercadante was in charge.

The 2014 recruiting class is rated in the top 10 nationally and they again have a good shot at only losing 1 or 2 kids. Next season could be our most talented lineup in a while.

Advertisement
Agree with BamaCane, 14 straight in the road, 27 outa 30 to end the season, ACC champs...enough said.

From 13-12, 5-4 to 40-15, 24-6 and #1 seed in the ACC. Wow. A good season regardless, now let's hope they keep going and make it a great one!

These kids have always had the talent but at some point during the season they started believing in themselves. They are confident that they can win any game and it shows in their play. I had the pleasure and thrill of sitting through the entire 16 innings of the first game of Friday's double header. The grit and determination they showed was wonderful. Most exciting and emotional Canes game I've ever had the privilege to see live. I was pumped for hours afterward.

These kids deserve a national seed and it would be a travesty if they don't get it. Me, I'm looking forward to seeing them in Omaha!

Advertisement
For what it's worth, both Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt have us as "locks" as far as national seeds go after today's win and taking the regular season ACC.

Congrats on a great regular season - stay hot Canes! Coach Morris knows that the next few weeks is when the real playing begins. This team seems to genuinely have fun and like each other. That is very important in advancing to the next level. And we have an unbelievable record in regionals and super regionals at home - let's hope we secure one of the 8 spots.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back