Congrats to Coach Lashlee

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
IMG_4133.jpeg

Advertisement
SMU beat Tulane with a backup QB too. He had a rough start with the turnovers but settled down. Lashlee an uprising star in the coaching ranks
FjvTCW-XkAA3xzc.jpg

Advertisement
I’m not a lashlee hater but as a Miami fan I’d love to crush them in a bowl game

Back up QB vs Back up QB. Both are running QB too. Fletcher should have a big rushing game against SMU. A good test for SMU for whats to come in the ACC. I would have prefer Stone vs TVD but I'll take this

I dunno. SMU sees itself as a future big timer, so I imagine if they start to get that train really rolling, they’ll meet/beat any financial offer that comes his way.
- SMU is smaller enrollment than Miami
- Their on campus stadium is HS-esque (no it can't expand)
- Their student fans are even more apathetic than Miami's
- Attendance at games is abysmal
- Their donors are as rabid and committed to winning as Texas A&Ms and they have as much $$$$$$$$$

Where and how does that fit in today's CFB landscape?

- SMU is smaller enrollment than Miami
- Their on campus stadium is HS-esque (no it can't expand)
- Their student fans are even more apathetic than Miami's
- Attendance at games is abysmal
- Their donors are as rabid and committed to winning as Texas A&Ms and they have as much $$$$$$$$$

Where and how does that fit in today's CFB landscape?

There is a sense of mystique / comradery between the 2 programs for the way early cfb powers wanted to snuff out both minnow sized programs that were trying to beat out traditional giants...

Not saying that SMU was innocent, but the harshness of their program killing NCAA penalties became the model for threatening Miami... and almost succeeded. So in some sense we were tied through standing upto the NCAA persecution.

Advertisement
Back