Confusing McMurphy tweet

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium

I thought the NCAA had no say in power five football? That’s part of the reason why the trophy doesn’t say NCAA on it at the D1 level Can anyone clarify?

Advertisement
Love to see them cancel football...

P5 commissioner’s ain’t gonna like that one....(or the TV deals)
The NCAA still needs and listens to the schools too. I doubt they cancel outright. The NCAA and the schools need the money since they cancelled march madness

Advertisement
They don't control the postseason i believe

However the NCAA without a doubt controls the P5 institutions
They don't do that either as far as football is concerned. They hand down punishments for violations but the NCAA can't tell the conferences how to conduct business or even when to play. Do you ever see NCAA signage at FBS football games? It aint their bag.

They don't do that either as far as football is concerned. They hand down punishments for violations but the NCAA can't tell the conferences how to conduct business or even when to play. Do you ever see NCAA signage at FBS football games? It aint their bag.
Dinich clears it up in a later article

Advertisement
If they try to cancel any part of this season the SEC will lead a revolt of P5 teams to leave the ncaa .been talked about for years and this just might be the straw that breaks the ncaa’s back so to speak...

are you saying the south still has a chance? I've been waiting 140 years for this.

Saban will personally strangle Mark Emmert to death if they cancel the season.

But don't let them dangling this fear carrot in front of the world distract you from the fact that Emmert just 2 days ago (Wednesday) sat before congress in a Senate Judiciary committee hearing pleading to grant the NCAA Antitrust protection from lawsuits in the new NIL rulings. He also asked that Congress create a Federal Bill to govern & regulate player compensation.

See what's going on is the NCAA is still livid about the NIL rulings & are trying like **** for Congress to oversee & regulate the potential Pandora's box of players being paid for their name, image & likeness, coincidentally they're simultaneously telling everyone that Football might get cancelled this year.

This isn't a political statement so please don't use this as an opportunity to derail the thread discussing politics. I'm just saying, Emmert & the NCAA are using Covid as a cover to air their real grievances & are essentially saying, "It would be a real shame if there was no football this year with all that money lost, maybe if someone made a ruling in our favor things would suddenly look more positive on our end.."

The NCAA operates like a big *** conglomerate Mafia & they don't wanna share none of the earnings they've been hoarding for decades, if they have to take it to college football for a season to get their point across then so be it, but best believe them cancelling Football has way way more to do with back room politics at the top than it does with Health & safety of student athletes like they'll claim.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
they canceled march madness and a ton of money was on the line there
March madness is a nice event... but does it cover the same amont of slots Everry weekend for a few months... capped with huge ratings for the playoffs and bowl games...

March madness is a nice event... but does it cover the same amont of slots Everry weekend for a few months... capped with huge ratings for the playoffs and bowl games...

its the crown jewel of the NCAAB season and is a HUGE payday for all. its more than a nice event.

Basically the opposite. And that has been the case since the autonomy vote of 2014-15:

Lol. Read again. If they want they can force the power 5 to shut it down. Not by any other mechanism than optics but they can actually wield power over them.

Advertisement
Back