Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

I'm not a big fan of Cristobal he's a great recruiter but overrated as a coach. I'm honestly tired of switching coaches every 5 years man we need to get it together.
neither am I but the problem is who's out there? he'd own so fla

Advertisement
How did I know this would become the longest thread that got started over the weekend…

I'm confused why this is a bad thing.

If Diaz wins 9-10 games and has us in the Top 20 isn't that continual improvement? Some of you seem to want a quantum leap just because we have a U on the side of our helmets.
I bet you're a big fan of participation trophies

Advertisement
You watched the wrong game lol. Coaches don’t tackle and the sure as **** can’t block #31.

wouldn't say 100% coaching, but some for sure. Defensive players seem out of place and covering grass at times. Happens too many times to say it's the players' fault. They are apparently being taught these things. And if they are and not doing it the right way they need to sit. That is another coaching issue.

wouldn't say 100% coaching, but some for sure. Defensive players seem out of place and covering grass at times. Happens too many times to say it's the players' fault. They are apparently being taught these things. And if they are and not doing it the right way they need to sit. That is another coaching issue.
^This.

It’s especially embarrassing when your head coach is a defensive guy and is also the defensive coordinator.

Again, compare that to how Georgia’s defense looks. I know, I know. Georgia has more 5 stars on defense. Well, star rankings don’t put guys in the right spot on the field to make a play.

This is old news...its the reason Butch left to the NFL...and it continues
Actually, as I recall, Davis agreed to a salary that put him in the Top 5 at the time. Look, once you get pass all the shenanigans and debate over the buy out, the Browns dump $3 million per year on Davis and gave him a lot of control. Of course, he was going to take the NFL job.

You don't need to spend $10 million or in the case $7 million for a guy like Jimbo Fisher. There are plenty of competent college head coaches who could be very successful at Miami.

If Miami wants to get serious, it needs to fire James and bring in a competent and aggressive AD.

This isn’t a program that’s going to even attempt to compete with the top 5 and we need to either accept it or move on. It’s not happening. The money is too big.
100%. How is a mid-size private school that draws 45K going to compete with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Clemson who dump unlimited resources into their football program because they can?

Again, this all starts with the AD. After that you can spend money smartly which Miami has not done in forever. Think about this, we bought out Diaz from Temple with a 5 minute coaching search. We extended Richt but thank goodness Richt retired. We extended Golden for winning 9 games even after he flopped the last 4 games of that season. Geez, even in basketball, Jim should have been fired after this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every discussion always ends up with Mario. The guy recruits very well, but he's not the next great coach. The only reason he got to the conference championship last year is because Washington couldn't play.

We can do better and it starts with getting a quality AD. I'd love, LOVE! Highsmith. I don't know if that ship has sailed, but if the BOT cans BJ, then the door opens. Hopefully we take that step.
Mario would be a lateral move - not an upgrade. Especially without the Nike backing.

end of day, firing Manny would set us back because it means he has a bad year. right now, if he runs the table, we get a great recruiting class. its a no win short term.

^This.

It’s especially embarrassing when your head coach is a defensive guy and is also the defensive coordinator.

Again, compare that to how Georgia’s defense looks. I know, I know. Georgia has more 5 stars on defense. Well, star rankings don’t put guys in the right spot on the field to make a play.
Forget Georgia. I watched some of Ole Miss game last night, who had an atrocious defense last year and they were like a completely different team defensively. They were making Louisville, a team that scored like over 30 something on us last year, look like us against Bama. I would think our talent level is AT LEAST comparable to Ole Miss.

Advertisement
end of day, firing Manny would set us back because it means he has a bad year. right now, if he runs the table, we get a great recruiting class. its a no win short term.
there is an argument to be made to try to keep Manny as long as possible as long as he continues to learn on the job and make gradual improvements. Stability is important too. I don't fault Manny for being placed in the position he is in. If you do, then you don't understand the root of the problem and are just looking at the symptoms.

Manny get us 8-9 wins a year's. Mario gives us what? 1 or 2 more? Is it worth it?

Jimbo would be an absolute home run and you have to know he'd like to stick it to FSU every year just to show them what could have been. He's got to be tired of the SEC crap favoring the same handful of schools.

First, Blake James has to go and Jimbo would need an AD he knows would go to bat for him with the BOT. Until that happens, we'll continue to spin our tires.
Jumbo would be an absolute dream come true and would have us in the top of 5 of recruiting every year! That would be unbelievable to land him abd I truly believe if there is anyone out there that we can realistically get and would land us number 6 it’s him.

Advertisement
there is an argument to be made to try to keep Manny as long as possible as long as he continues to learn on the job and make gradual improvements. Stability is important too. I don't fault Manny for being placed in the position he is in. If you do, then you don't understand the root of the problem and are just looking at the symptoms.
unless you get saban or Urban Meyer, no one is guaranteed to win big.

unless you get saban or Urban Meyer, no one is guaranteed to win big.
I'd be willing to bet it's a lot more likely with Jimbo than any of the other names thrown around like Mario or Lane.

At least a couple of them correlate Manny to Blake 100%, so that can be a good thing if Manny has a bad season this year. The problem is how you define "bad season" to this group of decision makers. Several of them are casual fans, at best. The president doesn't give a flying F about football and it's well documented.
7-5 and then after our yearly bowl loss in some dog$hit bowl the kids have no interest to play in, that’ll move the needle in year 3. Can’t go 7-6 with a 6 year QB and as much talent is on this team in year 3, well of course manure is fully cable of it and I believe will achieve it because he sucks. Are you in agreement with me Jedi that if he posts a 7-5/7-6 season in year three he and blake are gone?

Would anyone honestly be surprised if Manny gets an extension if he has a 9 win season? If I have to put money on it today, and given our schedule, I think there's a MUCH better chance he gets an extension than gets fired.

THAT is the type of incompetence we're dealing with here.
Lucky for us there is no way that fool is winning 9 games with his dog**** coaching and unprepared teams. Msu, unc, vtech, NC state and with the way FSU played the other night them too. That’s 6-6 I’m year ******* three for that bum!

Advertisement
Back