Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Lane Kiffin hired DJ Durkin who is clearly making a difference on defense and snagged a bright mind in Lebby

meanwhile Manny brought over his three pool boys in Banda Patke and Baker
Just saying…

diaz paid top dollar for Enos and cut him for a spread OC in Lashlee

got two of his butt buddies jobs elsewhere and brought in Trob and Simpson back on top of bob schoop an ex SEC defensive coordinator as an analyst

ehhhh

Advertisement
Those guys would get players here.

Miami needs a head coach who is a real salesman. This is not Manny. Manny is a great marketer, NOT a salesman and there is a big difference.

The problem is the guy we need isn’t a can’t miss, obvious prospect right now. The right guy could do what Richt did his first two seasons with ease.

We need a Jimmy Johnson type hire. Right personality, right traits just coaching in a place where it is hard to shine.
It’s not that difficult….Bill Clark (UAB coach)

-edit for last name

Just saying…

diaz paid top dollar for Enos and cut him for a spread OC in Lashlee

got two of his butt buddies jobs elsewhere and brought in Trob and Simpson back on top of bob schoop an ex SEC defensive coordinator as an analyst

ehhhh
Fields, too. Everyone was thrilled with those hires when made. Simpson’s best players are a former 2* recruit and a transfer. Rest are basically jags. Before Lashlee’s big game choke jobs, Miami fans were wishing he’d take over for Manny. Lots of reasons to criticize Manny, but his effort to build a respectable staff is not among them.

Fields, too. Everyone was thrilled with those hires when made. Simpson’s best players are a former 2* recruit and a transfer. Rest are basically jags. Before Lashlee’s big game choke jobs, Miami fans were wishing he’d take over for Manny. Lots of reasons to criticize Manny, but his effort to build a respectable staff is not among them.
Since Butch, we've gone through almost every variety of bad HC. We had the "inmates running the asylum." Then we had the "lazy." Then we had the "not willing to make changes." Then we had the "washed up." Now we have the "throw everything at the wall and nothing sticks."

None of these guys ever sniffed a P5 job again. For 2 decades, UM has been a coaching graveyard. Have we even had an assistant coach in the last 20 years that has gone on to prominence?

Advertisement
People....stop donating and stop renewing your season tickets. It's that simple. If the administration doesn't give a flying F, we shouldn't support them monetarily.
While I agree, that won't force meaningful chance either because the ACC money will keep flowing regardless.

Advertisement
Every discussion always ends up with Mario. The guy recruits very well, but he's not the next great coach. The only reason he got to the conference championship last year is because Washington couldn't play.

We can do better and it starts with getting a quality AD. I'd love, LOVE! Highsmith. I don't know if that ship has sailed, but if the BOT cans BJ, then the door opens. Hopefully we take that step.

ND is a $100M football program, and our fans actually think their HC is one of the lowest paid HCs in P5. LMAO. As a private university they're not going to disclose details of his entire compensation package, but chances are he's probably receiving money from Under Armor & NBC as well.
He made $2.5m in FY20 from the university.

Every discussion always ends up with Mario. The guy recruits very well, but he's not the next great coach. The only reason he got to the conference championship last year is because Washington couldn't play.

We can do better and it starts with getting a quality AD. I'd love, LOVE! Highsmith. I don't know if that ship has sailed, but if the BOT cans BJ, then the door opens. Hopefully we take that step.
I think there are two discussions getting combined. One is Manny vs Mario. That’s a no brainer. The second is whether Mario is the best candidate out of everyone else they could reasonably pursue. That I’m less sold on.

AH wanted control over the program. A guy with high level experience with player personel , building a team and scouting. He would’ve ran this program like a pro franchise. That scared Blake and I’m sure manny wasn’t happy with answering to him, which I kinda get. But it would’ve been huge for the program.

I can’t argue your concerns, I’ve actually used them against him as well lol. I do think the booster flipping the bill would’ve allowed us to build a great staff. Kinda like Butch had.

The thing we’ve been missing for years is physicality / toughness , winning the trenches and recruiting. I think he checks all those boxes. He also understands the program , the politics of this job and brings the perfect attitude.
You've been spot on this whole thread regarding Mario. Why people can't see how unique of a job this is, is amazing. It's so much more than X's and O's. So many people can't stand living in SFL, the diversity, dealing with the local HS coaches always on the take, SFL high school divas etc. Al Golden should've taught people that. People bring up Mario because he's the surest, MOST REALISTIC thing out there to blunt this obstacles and makes us relevant again. I've never seen anybody say the man is a superior X's and O's coach because he's not. Neither was Butch and look what he did...... Is Ed O even a good X's and O's coach?? He did win a Natty at LSU right?

As its been stated in this thread over and over, if he can recruit with Bama, OSU, Georiga etc at ******* Oregon what do you think he does here? Winning BIG in CFB is still 80% talent aqusition right? Plus, he has a proven history of hiring really good coordinators. You also wouldn't have to worry about him leaving for the NFL because he lives to recruit and truly loves SFL because he's native.

Advertisement
I dont believe he wouldn't come. He's a cuban kid who played here. You think he wants to retire in Eugene or be the guy who brings back the U?
Correct....

He's learning, having success and padding his resume. I'm friendly with the Cristobal family, like a few on here are. If you think he wouldn't leave Eugene, Oregon and come home your wrong. His wife in particular, looks forward to moving back here to be closer to family

People....stop donating and stop renewing your season tickets. It's that simple. If the administration doesn't give a flying F, we shouldn't support them monetarily.
And kill the recruiting we have. Great idea
As soon as y’all get it through your minds that this program is among the Syracuse’s and Louisville’s of the world you’ll be fine. We’re not going to compete for titles. The coastal and maybe a fairy tale ACC championship is our lid.

Syracuse needs fans too

We don't need an elite established coach. We just need a competent AD. All else will follow. We made our brand (besides Schnelly) with young firebrand ambitious coaches who were innovative. We don't need to break the bank. We just need better evaluations of young coaches who want to be successful at the highest levels of their profession. Get back to that formula and we can resurrect what we had.

Advertisement
Correct....

He's learning, having success and padding his resume. I'm friendly with the Cristobal family, like a few on here are. If you think he wouldn't leave Eugene, Oregon and come home your wrong. His wife in particular, looks forward to moving back here to be closer to family
It’s funny that people around program just assume he’s the next coach. Then why not just get the guy already lol

It’s funny that people around program just assume he’s the next coach. Then why not just get the guy already lol
I'm not a big fan of Cristobal he's a great recruiter but overrated as a coach. I'm honestly tired of switching coaches every 5 years man we need to get it together.

Correct....

of course. he still cares. I saw and interview last year when he was taking shots at Manny. if he didn't care or want to be here, he wouldn't go out of his way.

Advertisement
Back