Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Advertisement
The FBI has recordings of coaches openly admitting to major pay-for-play and the NCAA did nothing. What happened at SMU would never happen now. Every program cheats and pays players. The ones who do it better and bigger are holding up trophies at the end of the year. It really isn’t about risk to the school as much as it is risk to the sponsors. Finding those willing sponsors and having a safe and sustainable system separates the wheat from the chaff. NIL should make it much easier.
You forgot that the NCAA tried to demolish our program for some guys getting free dinners and a washer. Had it not been for Dr. Shalala fighting back, they would have succeeded. They did succeed in a way, they held us hostage for years, which put the program even further behind the 8 ball than where we started.

The booster part is bs, there’s boosters that care and actually tried to help the program and the program did their own thing. Miami as an administration doesn’t view football like sec schools. Never have, never will. But they have no problem cashing the acc checks.

Elaborate on this Cribby.

I find it strange how they were willing to pony up for Mario but fans act like UM is bankrupt.

We may not get the luxury amenities of big state schools, but the financial limitations seem exaggerated.

There are tons of 9 figure revenue schools that ain’t winning ****. It’s all coaching and the ncaa protection of illegal payments by schools they choose. When Saban retires, there will be a big shift.

If the administration woke up tomorrow and decided being a top 5 football program was a priority, what is really on the table that the boosters could bring to compete? Also are they withholding money because they know the school would just **** it away? Could we compete in the bag game if the death penalty wasn’t always lurking?

Again, at a school with immense resources. Not an accident that the guys that look great as recruiters are at places that not only have immense resources, but have the ability to fully leverage said resources without fear of exposure. Keep in mind, the same guy that said that he was paying for abortions on behalf of Miami student athletes ADMITTED that he tried to purchase talent, but was always outbid by the SEC. No one even bothered to ask a follow up question.
We're on the same page. I just didn't want Kurb to go unmentioned.

Advertisement
Again, at a school with immense resources. Not an accident that the guys that look great as recruiters are at places that not only have immense resources, but have the ability to fully leverage said resources without fear of exposure. Keep in mind, the same guy that said that he was paying for abortions on behalf of Miami student athletes ADMITTED that he tried to purchase talent, but was always outbid by the SEC. No one even bothered to ask a follow up question.
I remember that comment. He should have repeated it a few times. IIRC, saying something twice is evidence to the NCAA.

Everyone who hates the idea of Mario doesn’t have to worry because he won’t take a step back in his career to come coach us anyway. He’s going for his 3rd straight P5 conference championship and another top recruiting class. He won’t take our calls

If there are so many coaches capable of turning Miami into a powerhouse, then why have only 2-3 over the last 20 years done that at other programs?

We certainly could do better, but that will result in a marginal improvement. We could name Dabo or Kirby head coach tomorrow and it wouldn’t make a difference in terms of returning to the top tier.
Those guys would get players here.

Miami needs a head coach who is a real salesman. This is not Manny. Manny is a great marketer, NOT a salesman and there is a big difference.

The problem is the guy we need isn’t a can’t miss, obvious prospect right now. The right guy could do what Richt did his first two seasons with ease.

We need a Jimmy Johnson type hire. Right personality, right traits just coaching in a place where it is hard to shine.

Apparently not because @Go Canes!! still doesn’t get it even though it’s staring him right In The face just like manure trotting out the same undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated after a whole offseason the prepare just like he has the last two years.

I thought that was a spoof account. That guys been serious this whole time?

Advertisement
These "who should be the next coach" discussions are largely pointless to me, but I'll just keep being a broken record and tell you to hire Hugh Freeze with Art Briles at OC. Proven. Can win anywhere.

Go look at oregons classes before Mario and after he arrived. Then get back with me.
He's most likely a young dude who doesn't even know Mario was a coach here under Coker and was by far the best recruiter on that staff.Mario was the one landing all those 5* and high 4* out of Texas back then.

Everyone who hates the idea of Mario doesn’t have to worry because he won’t take a step back in his career to come coach us anyway. He’s going for his 3rd straight P5 conference championship and another top recruiting class. He won’t take our calls
I dont believe he wouldn't come. He's a cuban kid who played here. You think he wants to retire in Eugene or be the guy who brings back the U?

Advertisement
Does anyone else have visions of what the footage would look like if the BOT empowered @NicKane and @Jedi Master Cane to go office by office and purge the Hecht???

0868C108-873E-4839-9B1E-9131E25B49F4.gif

I dont believe he wouldn't come. He's a cuban kid who played here. You think he wants to retire in Eugene or be the guy who brings back the U?
I was mostly being an ******* to compare what he’s accomplishing now vs. what we have going on in CG. I’m not sure what more we can ask for tbh. It seems like a moot point though because I think Manny wins enough this year to keep his job anyway

Actually it was with Mario because a big time booster was gonna pay his full contract. But instead blake that it would be a great idea to pay 4 million dollars to temple to keep a DC with no HC experience form a failed staff in the building even though he was still in the ******* building. 🤢🤮
Wait… we’re talking about Mario here? Cmon

Advertisement
**** our administration doesn’t want to pay five. That’s why a booster stepped in and was willing to make Mario happen. But Blake said “ I got this “.
Imagine someone offering you to pay for stuff and you're like: Nah, I am good.

Stupid idiots.

Exactly right…which, by the way, is why UM should care about fielding a winning football team. Win and people will tune in.

And it goes beyond just revenue, it’s also great exposure for the university.
People do tune in. They tuned in last year, they’ll tune in this year and they’ll tune in next year. The average fan doesn’t know enough to hate Manny, or love him, they just watch football. They’re not going to gain much by firing and hiring.

I’m going to post something; it’s all the coaches salaries. Diaz is not listed on this, but it’s already been posted he’ll be making $3.1m/yr when he signed his 5 yr contract.

My ? is, out of the all the coaches that’s listed here, that’s making between $1.5 - $4m, who would you choose since ppl are acting like you have to spend uber $ to get a quality coach?

*Some of these coaches have either had extensions by their schools, retired recently, or moved on to a new school.

Last edited:
Risk it incrementally. Meaning, improve admin/recruiting budgets and coaching salaries to P5 averages, or just above. Compete, but not $7M HCs. Then, if the program builds invest appropriately.
This is what they’ve done. Each successive coach has been paid more appropriately. The facilities are good. Theres not much to complain about from the admin perspective, as long as we understand that they can’t throw top 5 money at football.

The issue now is that they’re paying for 3 staffs. That rate of turnover isn’t sustainable.

Advertisement
Back