Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

AH wanted control over the program. A guy with high level experience with player personel , building a team and scouting. He would’ve ran this program like a pro franchise. That scared Blake and I’m sure manny wasn’t happy with answering to him, which I kinda get. But it would’ve been huge for the program.

I can’t argue your concerns, I’ve actually used them against him as well lol. I do think the booster flipping the bill would’ve allowed us to build a great staff. Kinda like Butch had.

The thing we’ve been missing for years is physicality / toughness , winning the trenches and recruiting. I think he checks all those boxes. He also understands the program , the politics of this job and brings the perfect attitude.
AH would have been a great hire, but he never had a chance, nor does he have one now.

Advertisement
So, the mouthbreathers in our fanbase, who are some of the cheapest fans in college athletics are shocked that people IQs above 70 aren't interested in ****ing money down the drain, knowing full well that it isn't there, to try to compete with schools that produce 2-3x the revenue. Color me shocked.

I'm going to say this, Miami is in a tough spot. Even if Miami hits on a coach(which isn't likely with Blake James, he's incompetent), Miami's ceiling is limited because the NCAA has made it borderline impossible for teams to compete with Bama, Clemson, Ohio State etc. What can Miami football be? Basically, Miami can be Notre Dame. Notre Dame isn't winning a title anytime soon, but they are a solid 9-10 win per year team that can sneak into the playoff, so Bama can jailhouse them. That's the ceiling, barring some crazy miracle.

That said, Miami does a **** poor job of maximizing the funds that are coming in. Miami could have had Willie Fritz, Miami could have had Bill Clark, but Blake James chose Manny without even calling qualified candidates. That's what annoys me. The BOT allowed it to happen, because a lot of the athletically inclined members aren't doing their job. It's not Dr. Frenk's job, he's the University President, it's on the guys and girls of the BOT that allegedly care about athletics to oversee Blake, and hold him accountable.

Post of the day

Who was more under qualified for their jobs at time of hiring:

Manny Diaz
Blake James

it really is not a surprise why we are in our current state

Honestly? Blake and it's not even close.

At least Manny was involved in day to day football operations and was exposed to the environment. Blake was basically a us
AH wanted control over the program. A guy with high level experience with player personel , building a team and scouting. He would’ve ran this program like a pro franchise. That scared Blake and I’m sure manny wasn’t happy with answering to him, which I kinda get. But it would’ve been huge for the program.

I can’t argue your concerns, I’ve actually used them against him as well lol. I do think the booster flipping the bill would’ve allowed us to build a great staff. Kinda like Butch had.

The thing we’ve been missing for years is physicality / toughness , winning the trenches and recruiting. I think he checks all those boxes. He also understands the program , the politics of this job and brings the perfect attitude.

In all honesty I don't even care about Manny at this point. He's a symptom. None of this matter if Blake isn't fired and is the one allowed to choose the eventual replacement. I won't cheer the day Manny is fired if it isn't tied to the announcement that Blake is "retiring" as well.

There wasn’t a search. Blake knew who he wanted , he played it his normal passive aggressively way. Just like how he handled highsmith, he wasn’t going to hire that guy, there’s no way he’d bring in a real alpha into the program. He just played it like it was possible , even having “ serious discussions“. Then hired Reed as a political move to cover up the stench left from the AH debacle.
Unbelievable! Words don’t even describe my fury for that yellow toothed Fvck! Please god tell me cribby that blake has out on notice tHat because of his malpractice coach search/manure hiring that his head is on the chopping block? Please tell me that?

How about just find a coach who’s normal? A coach that won’t show exactly where he’s blitzing & a coach that won’t run into the backs of his own olinemen vs Bama? I mean theres people on this board that could have coached a better game vs Bama. We don’t need Vince Lombardi. Just someone with a brain in their head who will field a disciplined team. It costs absolutely nothing to be a sound fundamental disciplined team with a good gameplan.

Advertisement
Honestly? Blake and it's not even close.

At least Manny was involved in day to day football operations and was exposed to the environment. Blake was basically a us

In all honesty I don't even care about Manny at this point. He's a symptom. None of this matter if Blake isn't fired and is the one allowed to choose the eventual replacement. I won't cheer the day Manny is fired if it isn't tied to the announcement that Blake is "retiring" as well.
Definitely in agreement with you. Blake is starting to deteriorate other sports too

Man you are the definition of stupid is as stupid does! You and your while now 14 and 1 crew on here. It’s almost as if you either all work at the Hecht, secretly hate Miami and love seeing us continually down. It’s got one of the other because all those coaches listed above that you made a your stupid comment about would have us winning the coastal every year. Now what true fan of Miami like tHat? Well everyone except you I guess huh sport?
I’m sorry you’re the biggest ***aloon in here. I truly am and I truly feel bad for you

you haven’t had 100 posts in 6 months but in the last 24 hours you haven’t stopped posting.

So I ask u who hates this team more? You seem to really bask in us losing Let’s see your witty “hecth employee” comeback to that

I’m sorry Miami hurt you and you’re an emotional midget that gets all up in his feels. Keep being a loser with that shaft down ur throat

Advertisement
Mario would be a great fit, maybe even an ideal one, if we could get a proper recruiting budget, mainly because he understands Miami and it would be his final destination — this has always been, and last year was told still is, his dream job. But without the $$$ to compete with the SEC vultures in South Florida, I just don’t have faith that anyone can take us back to the top. That said, if we’re comparing Manny to Mario, there is no comparison. I’d take Mario all day, everyday.

There’s only maybe 5 teams tops in the country that would spend even close to $10 million for a coach. This isn’t surprising.

Mario would be a great fit, maybe even an ideal one, if we could get a proper recruiting budget, mainly because he understands Miami and it would be his final destination — this has always been, and last year was told still is, his dream job. But without the $$$ to compete with the SEC vultures in South Florida, I just don’t have faith that anyone can take us back to the top. That said, if we’re comparing Manny to Mario, there is no comparison. I’d take Mario all day, everyday.
The guy who lost to two winless teams with the best roster in the league by far? That guy?

My man, Miami has never and will never have the money to compete with the state “schools” masquerading as colleges and universities.

CFB is a ******* farce and we need to all do our part and never watch a Bama/UGA/etc… game again until serious reform is introduced.
I was talking to a friend of mine, that works in the athletics industry. He noted that it's known what Bama is doing(Drowning the sport with their money), and it's awful for the product. Most of these schools know that they don't have a chance. Frankly, I'm starting to care less and less, because I know that even if Miami hit on a coach, and that coach maximizes the talent available, Alabama is able to straight up use their money to cripple everyone else. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson have more talent on their benches than entire P5 conferences.

Advertisement
Just this Saturday Mario's team was on the verge of losing to an atrocious Fresno State team, actually trailing with 5 minutes left in the game.

Last season Mario's team lost to a winless Oregon State and Cal team with one win (against winless Oregon State) in back to back weeks.

You are either blind or willfully ignorant if you can't see thats troubling, at best. Backing into the title game doesnt change that.
Won the pac 12 twice and is a rose bowl champ sporto! I’ll say it again since you love to deflect, get back to me when “your most favorite bestest coach in the world” manure duplicates that buddy boy?

9ABBA965-9DA4-4692-9681-D7ECA5AA9F66.png

Advertisement
Yes that’s true… fan interest drives tv ratings which is the number that matters. Thing is, we aren’t the typical fan. The few hundred of us who post here are the lunatic fringe. The rest of the fan base is oblivious to these discussions and will show up anytime Miami Is having a decent year.

Exactly right…which, by the way, is why UM should care about fielding a winning football team. Win and people will tune in.

And it goes beyond just revenue, it’s also great exposure for the university.

How about just find a coach who’s normal? A coach that won’t show exactly where he’s blitzing & a coach that won’t run into the backs of his own olinemen vs Bama? I mean theres people on this board that could have coached a better game vs Bama. We don’t need Vince Lombardi. Just someone with a brain in their head who will field a disciplined team. It costs absolutely nothing to be a sound fundamental disciplined team with a good gameplan.
the problem is the 3 coaching staffs that are being bought out rn. But you’re right… there’s a minimum competence level they seem to not be able hire.

Advertisement
Back