Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

i think we're focusing on this backwards

Throw $$$$ at a prime time AD who is much more likely to find that young up and coming gem. This can start to turn us around and maybe convince some rich cats in the community to help fund this program. But first we need momentum. ****, maybe the new AD can turn around our basketball and yes, sorry Mr. Dimare, the baseball program too. Maybe a cartel kingpin will fund us from there.

You can get a great AD for less money than you need for a great HC.

Let's start there first.

Advertisement
Since his extension, I don’t believe his salary has been disclosed, but could be wrong.

ND is a $100M football program, and our fans actually think their HC is one of the lowest paid HCs in P5. LMAO. As a private university they're not going to disclose details of his entire compensation package, but chances are he's probably receiving money from Under Armor & NBC as well.

Last edited:
Mario has **** near more wins in one year ( 12) than Manny has as a HC in two years. He‘s also won his conference and played in multiple big bowls. You’re poo poo’ing one guy with a far better resume than the guy you’re constantly defending. Which explains my earlier response.

In comparison to Manny, sure he's Bill Walsh,

The thing I can't get out of my head when it comes to Mario is how BAD Herbert looked at Oregon compared to how much better he looks now in the pros. There is zero doubt Mario wasted him and was holding him back.

I hear your points about him fielding a more physical team, one that is better on both lines. There is no doubt there. My issue is I just feel like he is a very below average gameday decision maker. I'm not a huge fan of Mario, especially at what it would likely cost to get him. I can tell you that several people on our incompetent board liked and wanted Mario.....that alone should tell you he's not a good hire.

Advertisement
Mario has **** near more wins in one year ( 12) than Manny has as a HC in two years. He‘s also won his conference and played in multiple big bowls. You’re poo poo’ing one guy with a far better resume than the guy you’re constantly defending. Which explains my earlier response. Even though I’m not blaming manny for any of this, just saying.

It’s not about defending anyone, it’s pointing out that some of the same things that are happening here are happening over there in Oregon. People here just have selective vision

Throw $$$$ at a prime time AD who is much more likely to find that young up and coming gem. This can start to turn us around and maybe convince some rich cats in the community to help fund this program. But first we need momentum. ****, maybe the new AD can turn around our basketball and yes, sorry Mr. Dimare, the baseball program too. Maybe a cartel kingpin will fund us from there.

Let's start there first.
Post of the day

Who was more under qualified for their jobs at time of hiring:

Manny Diaz
Blake James

it really is not a surprise why we are in our current state

Ur right; his new contract extension #’s haven’t been released. I was looking at his salary last yr before the extension. Good looking. Regardless, the fact a successful coach was making less than Diaz is still mind boggling.
Yeah, I was shocked to see that. He’s a solid coach.

Advertisement
exactly. to be honest thought Mario still loses alot of game he shouldn't. not sure he's the answer . Blake did it on the sneak when a certain someone was in Europe
Whos that certain someone? I’m curious to know. I wish blake would get Lou Gehrig’s disease.

I wouldnt know, but recall he was referring to general donations to the University, claiming the visibility of the football programs success were key to bringing in the money.
That’s a valid point. Miami did gain general revenue in the same way in the 80s and early 2000s. I’m not sure what those numbers were.

Problem is tho that’s it’s still a huge risk, and if they gamble snd lose the repercussions could hurt the programs that take priority. And no, it’s not wrong that their medical scho is priority over football.

Also keep in mind that Alabama had ZERO risk. They were able to escalate football program spending while winning championships. They HAD the money coming in. They knew they could afford to spend the rest of cfb into oblivion.

we’re asking Miami to take risks not even Alabama took.

Advertisement

Let's start there first.
The top ADs make just over $1M/yr to $1.5M.

Except at ND, where he makes $3M.

Not if a guy like Alonzo highsmith is in charge.
AH wanted control over the program. A guy with high level experience with player personel , building a team and scouting. He would’ve ran this program like a pro franchise. That scared Blake and I’m sure manny wasn’t happy with answering to him, which I kinda get. But it would’ve been huge for the program.
In comparison to Manny, sure he's Bill Walsh,

The thing I can't get out of my head when it comes to Mario is how BAD Herbert looked at Oregon compared to how much better he looks now in the pros. There is zero doubt Mario wasted him and was holding him back.

I hear your points about him fielding a more physical team, one that is better on both lines. There is no doubt there. My issue is I just feel like he is a very below average gameday decision maker. I'm not a huge fan of Mario, especially at what it would likely cost to get him. I can tell you that several people on our incompetent board liked and wanted Mario.....that alone should tell you he's not a good hire.
I can’t argue your concerns, I’ve actually used them against him as well lol. I do think the booster flipping the bill would’ve allowed us to build a great staff. Kinda like Butch had.

The thing we’ve been missing for years is physicality / toughness , winning the trenches and recruiting. I think he checks all those boxes. He also understands the program , the politics of this job and brings the perfect attitude.

Advertisement
The HC is only only piece of the puzzle. The other pieces are just as important. You’re asking Miami to make a $30+ million per year investment… that’s not feasible .

This program barely clears 10M in profit, and these cats want MIA to invest like Michigan & TAMU, who easily clear 50M. Lol

Those guys would get their **** pushed in like every one else bud. Keep thinking otherwise tho
Man you are the definition of stupid is as stupid does! You and your whole now 14 and 1 crew on here. It’s almost as if you either all work at the Hecht, secretly hate Miami and love seeing us continually down. It’s got one of the other because all those coaches listed above that you made a your stupid comment about would have us winning the coastal every year. Now what true fan of Miami like tHat? Well everyone except you I guess huh sport?

Last edited:
That’s a valid point. Miami did gain general revenue in the same way in the 80s and early 2000s. I’m not sure what those numbers were.

Problem is tho that’s it’s still a huge risk, and if they gamble snd lose the repercussions could hurt the programs that take priority. And no, it’s not wrong that their medical scho is priority over football.

Also keep in mind that Alabama had ZERO risk. They were able to escalate football program spending while winning championships. They HAD the money coming in. They knew they could afford to spend the rest of cfb into oblivion.

we’re asking Miami to take risks not even Alabama took.
Risk it incrementally. Meaning, improve admin/recruiting budgets and coaching salaries to P5 averages, or just above. Compete, but not $7M HCs. Then, if the program builds invest appropriately.

I’m just using crowd size as a quick and dirty barometer for fan interest, which drives everything else.

All revenue derives from fan interest on some level
Yes that’s true… fan interest drives tv ratings which is the number that matters. Thing is, we aren’t the typical fan. The few hundred of us who post here are the lunatic fringe. The rest of the fan base is oblivious to these discussions and will show up anytime Miami Is having a decent year.

Advertisement
Back