Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Appreciate the honesty and setting the record straight. No need to be coy about it any longer. ACC title is the end goal for everyone but Clemson. We're settled-in as a mid-tier ACC team with a run at the Coastal every 4 years and occasional Cheez-It Bowl appearance.

Advertisement
If UM administration offered Jimbo Fisher 5 years $50m/yr fully guaranteed contract:

1. Jimbo would leave A&M yesterday for that deal
2. He would clean up recruiting in SoFlo.

100%.

Oh and Jimbo's deal with A&M doesn't include a buyout.
U know u may have a point here…. **** it I’m all in on cuck boy

Two. ND and USC.

ND has god on their side along w/32M people with Irish blood and USC is private in only name ... they have 30k students
USC pays Helton around $5M/yr. Tops in the PAC12 but average $EC pay.

For all their bluster the Trojans are notoriously cheap. They expect coaches to work for less because ‘We are SC’.

Also note, they did not fire Helton because they did not want to pay a $20M buyout for him and his staff. They chose this route after flirting with Bob Stoops, but in the end not willing to pay his and staff salary demands.

Advertisement
I’m not the biggest Mario guy but he at least has the attitude abd understanding of the job. He’d have us looking like an sec school and playing with physicality. There would 100% be a toughness heee that we’ve lacked for years.

We already know he gets recruiting , he’s learned the game from the best. There’s also people that love the guy , he’d help with raising money and getting more backing for the program. If we hired him we’d saved the four million we paid Temple, we’d also have a coach with his buyout and contract paid for. Which allows big money for assistants. A great staff from top to bottom.

But Blake has to prove he’s a big boy, this was his decision. Which I can respect , that’s a ballsy move from a guy that comes off like a soft ****. It’s also the reason his career is depending on what MD does.
All hypothetical because I think we will have a good year, but at what point does the school say enough of Blake and enough with Manny. What does that record look like?

I know too much about this program and how the job is viewed. I’d ask to be removed from the decision making lol. That’s why I pull so hard for manny , he’s one of the view guys who gets it and understands the job. He just might now be a good enough head coach. Which is a problem.

Luckily I’ve just accepted what the new Miami is the last fifteen years. Until I see different that’s how I‘ll view this.
Okay. Fair enough. What young coaches do you like, forget the Miami job.

If UM administration offered Jimbo Fisher 5 years $50m/yr fully guaranteed contract:

100%.

A guy like Jimbo would NEVER work at Miami with the current administration in place. The issue is that Jimbo deeply cares about WINNING. He'd sell his soul and his first born to win. The BOT not only cannot relate to this type of mentality, but they will surely run the other way from it in pure fear.

Win 8-9, graduate everyone, and keep the arrests down. If you happen to win the Coastal, you'll get a lifetime extension and a few "attaboys".

I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.
been saying its over for a good while, i was right.

Advertisement
Say what you will about him but his team is physical on both lines , have toughness and he recruits like a beast. Not the greatest game day coach but neither was butch
We’d at least look like an SEC team and recruit like one, even being a poor gameday coach we could have a year similar to 2001 where the players are that good you don’t need a good coach

100%.

A&M would match any Deal any other school offers. Only LSU would have a shot if money was equal

Advertisement
The booster part is bs, there’s boosters that care and actually tried to help the program and the program did their own thing. Miami as an administration doesn’t view football like sec schools. Never have, never will. But they have no problem cashing the acc checks.
They are pieces of ****, they destroyed a historic program with one of the best runs of all time. Its over this is an SEC business now

I also want to say, people who say they don't care (BOT and people with money) or they're apathetic are dumb as ****.

One, who is anyone to question how another spends their money? You want them to drop more money than you'll make in your lifetime into whatever so you can cheer us to another championship? While that would be cool, who are you to question their motives and financial investement?

We shouldn't be competing with the big schools. It's somewhat amazing we ever did. When we did, we did it a different way. We never spent like they did, but the gap was closer. Facilities were close as well.

The last 20 years, it's been an arms race. Record spending, coaching salaries through the roof, and so on and so on. We've been improving, but we don't have the alumni base they do. We have as many Gator and Seminole fans in S.FL as Miami fans.

They want to win. It isn't just that simple and we along with many others are getting priced out of the competition.

We’d at least look like an SEC team and recruit like one, even being a poor gameday coach we could have a year similar to 2001 where the players are that good you don’t need a good coach
When you say, “recruit like an SEC team,” do you mean recruit like Bama, GA, and TAMU?

Advertisement
Bama’s president has repeatedly said Saban is the best investment the school has ever made. People love to **** on their academics, but a kid who got into every Ivy a couple of years back chose Bama. Also love Barry bringing up what Julio prioritizes when he may be out in the near future.
This is what the Miami admin does not understand. Miami with an elite football program would bring in $$$MMM of dollars to the University.

I‘ve always thought the past public image of Miami, from the 80s through the FIU brawl, scares the BOT. They believe the two are connected, and Miami cannot be a. great team with being THUG U. I could be wrong, that was a long time ago.

When you say, “recruit like an SEC team,” do you mean recruit like Bama, GA, and TAMU?
No we will never be that, but getting 2 DL and OL players 5* players. Taylor last year was big but we need a couple more at least on the line. Right now Mario is landing 5*OL from Texas for god sakes

Advertisement
Back