Conditioning

Tony Perps

Senior
Purgatory
Another superlative for the staff this season. Our S&C was absolutely worlds better. We never looked physically overmatched and I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I remember players cramping up. That's compared to the Swasey years where it seemed like we'd have 3-4 guys cramp up every game and we'd have to have trainers run onto the field, etc. We played well in the second half all year. It's obvious S&C made a huge leap and that Swasey was a total disaster.

Advertisement
I agree. Also in training you tend to see the biggest jump for these players in year 2. We will have some monsters lining up next year!

We were discussing this same topic while week watched the bowl game. Leaps and bounds of difference!

Team got stronger as year ended, did not limp to the finish line as years past.

Advertisement
But but but...the players say he shouldnt have been let go!!

Does this mean the ACL tears and hand injuries are no longer Felder's fault? ;)

Advertisement
Another superlative for the staff this season. Our S&C was absolutely worlds better. We never looked physically overmatched and I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I remember players cramping up. That's compared to the Swasey years where it seemed like we'd have 3-4 guys cramp up every game and we'd have to have trainers run onto the field, etc. We played well in the second half all year. It's obvious S&C made a huge leap and that Swasey was a total disaster.

But but ....Swasey is the greatest trainer...trained 99% of the all time greatest canes....the other 1% he trained thru the window

What I observed this last season was, our players did not look soft for the first time in a decade. Year two will be even better.

Advertisement
Amazing what happens when your S&C coach isn't coaching you outside the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams didn't start running all over our guys in the second half because they were tired. In fact, we got better as the game went on on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Love the conditioning part keep it up.....however OL weight training must increase....they're putting up HS numbers which is why they cannot run block effectively....OL need to be benching over 315 and squating at least 400.

Lol Cramping has nothing to do with your conditioning, but yes our S&C has improved drastically already.

Advertisement
Back