Community Work

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
What as the UM team been doing to help the community post storm?

We made such a big deal about community service hours, but what have we done when the city truly needed it?

Looking forward to the responses from those in the know.

Advertisement
OP hates Miami

It's a genuine question.

You see all these other teams (even UF, barf) helping out. Even if it is kinda fake and a PR move I'll admit.

We made a point to tweet out a few months back that we were #1 in FBS in community service hours. I'm just curious what we've been doing now that it's truly needed.

It's already been noted that we haven't been doing anything football related (even asking about it gets you negged). So what HAVE we been doing?

Why does this question bother you? I never insinuated we haven't done anything. I'm sure we have.

OP hates Miami

It's a genuine question.

You see all these other teams (even UF, barf) helping out. Even if it is kinda fake and a PR move I'll admit.

We made a point to tweet out a few months back that we were #1 in FBS in community service hours. I'm just curious what we've been doing now that it's truly needed.

It's already been noted that we haven't been doing anything football related (even asking about it gets you negged). So what HAVE we been doing?

Why does this question bother you? I never insinuated we haven't done anything. I'm sure we have.

It's been noted by people not in the know that we haven't been doing anything football related. I'm not saying they are having full practices but I highly doubt that.

Advertisement
OP hates Miami

It's a genuine question.

As i'm sure you know my fellow teufel, perception is reality. Right now the perception is we did nothing football or community service related. Not saying whether its right or wrong, but I think it is a fair question to ask.

all but 30 players dispersed all over the country. Until recently, there has been no power or place to live on campus. 200 students have been shipped off to a shelter. So i'd say we were pretty handcuffed.

Did you pay attention to the fact that a lot of the team is in Orlando and practicing? Also, the rest are somewhere else with family, I'm sure trying to get back to meet them.

Advertisement
Cant even begin to understand if your truly a Canes fan why you would ask this dumbass question. OP is a douche. Ignore list getting longer by the day.

Hard to concentrate on community work when you and your families are actually victims. To be honest with you most of the time community service consist of giving a few hours filled with photo ops and is mostly window dressing. The value to the community is their celebrity. The team has its own problems right now. Imagine the pressure on the coaches.they came out of practice with confidence and momentum. Now they haven't even been able to practice much less get their players to focus on what's ahead. I give them a pass

Advertisement
How did you expect this thread was going to work out for you, OP?

I mean really, what good did you think you were going to get out of this?

A lot of soft shoulders over a legitimate question.

Yikes. Sorry.

Reread your OP, and tell me again who the soft shoulder one is in this situation, "...what have we done when the city truly needed it." They are all over the country with their families, and I'm sure the school is helping out in many ways.

School doesn't start for another week, once it starts and the team has time, I'm sure they will help even if there is no huge publicity stunt to appease people like you.

Go out there and help people yourself and let others handle the situation how they want/need to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back