Comments from West Virginia side

What? No comment about our amazing RPO offense!? haha

All hail to El Hefe Diaz!!

We ran the clock out. Could've put up 40+ if we wanted to.

Richt has done that a few times this year. Not sure if it's a positive or not.

I'm not a fan of it I like the jimmy johnson foot on the throat style, when other teams have the upper hand on the canes they try to embarrass them remember greasy head charlie strong piled it on the golden lead canes to pad bridgewater's stats at the end of the last russell bowl

I am not a fan of running up the score unless the game is a revenge game or otherwise trying to make a statement. I would RUTS on any ACC team since Miami needs to rule the conference. At the same time I would not call gimmick plays or throw deep mid-fourth quarter up 35 points.

As Jimmy Johnson once said, "We'll quit after you quit. You keep playing hard, trying to score and stop us, we'll keep playing hard. It's a 60 minute game." Or something to that effect.

Advertisement
What? No comment about our amazing RPO offense!? haha

All hail to El Hefe Diaz!!

I'm not a fan of it I like the jimmy johnson foot on the throat style, when other teams have the upper hand on the canes they try to embarrass them remember greasy head charlie strong piled it on the golden lead canes to pad bridgewater's stats at the end of the last russell bowl

I am not a fan of running up the score unless the game is a revenge game or otherwise trying to make a statement. I would RUTS on any ACC team since Miami needs to rule the conference. At the same time I would not call gimmick plays or throw deep mid-fourth quarter up 35 points.

As Jimmy Johnson once said, "We'll quit after you quit. You keep playing hard, trying to score and stop us, we'll keep playing hard. It's a 60 minute game." Or something to that effect.

I would've liked to have seen him run it up simply bc of the way WV conducted themselves at the charity event.

Those quotes are the after effect of an old school style good *** whoopin...

West Va talked a lot of trash towards us leading up until the Bowl, then they got out there on the field with dem Savages & had no answer for El Jefe's Defense, or Ahmmon, Coley & Joku.

I respect that they're manning up & giving us the props we deserve after taking them behind the woodshed.

They didn't have an answer for Berrios either.

West Va talked a lot of trash towards us leading up until the Bowl, then they got out there on the field with dem Savages & had no answer for El Jefe's Defense, or Ahmmon, Coley & Joku.

I respect that they're manning up & giving us the props we deserve after taking them behind the woodshed.

Berrios looked like a secret weapon unleashed. Best he's looked since he's been here.

I would've liked to have seen him run it up simply bc of the way WV conducted themselves at the charity event.

I just read the details of that story. No big deal. Miami gave WVU the asswhipping the Mountaineers deserved.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Berrios looked like a secret weapon unleashed. Best he's looked since he's been here.

Berrios is the Bowl Game Gawd. Sun Bowl last year, RAB this year. It must be all the bowl gear that gets him going

I didn't follow the details of that story.

Here you go my brother.

Tension flares between Miami, West Virginia players at Russell Athletic Bowl event | Canes Watch

Should see what there game day forum said......some cats were saying our d was godly

Should see what there game day forum said......some cats were saying our d was godly

link? Where's the vid BTW?

Advertisement

a fair few loudmouths is hardly enough to shame another coach on national tv

especially one who had as respectful words as he did for us

Good point, but serious question: ou think Dana would've showed mercy on us?

He is from the Mike Leach/Sumlin/Gundy coaching tree. He would've gone for 100 if he could have, especially in front of all of those Florida recruits.

2018's defense is going to make us a nat'l contender. If Perry is this game changer we think he is I think #6 might be around the corner.

Good point, but serious question: ou think Dana would've showed mercy on us?

He is from the Mike Leach/Sumlin/Gundy coaching tree. He would've gone for 100 if he could have, especially in front of all of those Florida recruits.

Good point about recruiting, but WVU gets scraps from SoFla. Have the Mountaineers ever signed a top SoFla player that Miami recruited, would have qualified for admission, and who was also recruited by FSU and UF?

I think Richt would have played for more points if there was more time on the clock. At that late stage of the game kicking a FG had a risk of a block and possible cheap score for WVU. Miami was able to run off enough clock and pin WVU deep.

Advertisement
Doing what richt did is almost most demeaning than running the score up.
What I don't like is putting your running back in a situation to continue to run into 11 guys keying on your rb.

link? Where's the vid BTW?

My crib been packed like we me Mexicans in a old skoo mini van. When I get the chance its happen ing I learned me lesson saying stay tuned.

Coley and Richards took turns abusing their so called "best corner in the BIG12" also...

We have some very good position coaches at every position including OC.

:backyard-pool:

Advertisement
Doing what richt did is almost most demeaning than running the score up.
What I don't like is putting your running back in a situation to continue to run into 11 guys keying on your rb.
Yeah, I thought he was going to get Walton killed. I didn't necessarily care that he wasn't running up the score but Walton was taking some nasty hits on that last drive.

Advertisement
Back