Columbia

Advertisement
WTF is this garbage!!! I'd make these guys run sprints until they puke!!! The lack of mental focus is disheartening!!! Getting beat by a 2-10 team that has no business in the game let alone leading.

I don't care if these guys come back and win this game. I still make these guys run after the game until they puke. This is unacceptable at Miami!!!

Advertisement
This team and its coaches need to take a long hard look in the mirror at themselves.

Oh, by the way, NC State will be in town on Friday!!!

Last edited:
This game is totally on DiMare thinking he can just throw any lineup out there and get a win. Secondly, time and time again his team is not mentally ready to play a midweek game. That's on the coaches to have their team ready to play no matter who the opponent is.

Agree - lineup made no sense. If you want to get more guys PT, how about blow them out in the first 5 innings and then make the substitutions. It's not like this is MLB and they play 162 games. Poor, poor effort all the way around. This team's defense is nowhere near good enough to compete with the best teams in the country.

What is that two out of the last three years Columbia has come down here and beaten Miami?!?!
Horrible loss.

NC St. should be fun. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
DiMare has to change the culture. Most of these kids have never even been to the postseason at Miami yet. On the surface it looks like a team with huge upside, but most, like me, forgot about all the losses. Winning and losing are habits.

With that being said, the fundamentals in the field are horrid. How has that not been addressed yet?

Pitching was decent, but not much redeemable from our position players. At three losses in a row and NC State on deck ahead of a week of road games, I’m concerned this may spiral. Hopefully, Lala is back in the lineup on Friday.

With that being said, the fundamentals in the field are horrid. How has that not been addressed yet?

I’m sure they’ve tried to address it, but there is no quick fix for kids who have never been good defensive players in their lives. As has been stated before, this is a consequence of recruiting the Perfect Game Showcase heroes. We don’t take the time to find true, well-rounded baseball players.

Advertisement
Verry few bright spots last season but I thought Escala and Quinones showed some potential.... now if they are not good enough to crack the lineup that's fine, but why are these dudes buried while Jenkins keeps getting opportunities. If you want to respond with some education about they play different positions save it

No reason for Lala to be sitting unless there was a suspension.

Adrian del Castillo is a stud, he has the best approach/swing on the team. It's too bad we dont have 3 more freshman like him/Lala.

Defense can be cleaned up a little bit but players are who they are, not much will change. Zamora's drop on that pop fly was inexcusable.

Advertisement
No reason for Lala to be sitting unless there was a suspension.

Adrian del Castillo is a stud, he has the best approach/swing on the team. It's too bad we dont have 3 more freshman like him/Lala.

Defense can be cleaned up a little bit but players are who they are, not much will change. Zamora's drop on that pop fly was inexcusable.

If this is right, and I think you are, Gino had better start recruiting some kids who can catch the ball. Despite the offense's potential, if the goal is always Omaha, can you imagine the look in our hitters eyes when they see that park. You better have OFs who can run down balls in the gaps.

Our RPI was 20th when I looked before yesterday’s game. We are now 38th. A portion of that was going to happen just as a result of playing Columbia, but that kind of drop will take a couple weeks to recover even if we go on a winning run.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back