Colton Lynn - DT from STA

rok

Great Poster
Can this kid play here? Hearing rumblings about Courtel being suspended again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is the strongest kid on the team and if he were a few inches taller with longer arms, he would be a terror. He is quick and fast for his size and was an excellent wrestler in high school.

Played on the scout team last year and repeatedly gave the O-line fits (I know, every team we played did as well).

The answer is he can play, however, I believe his best position would be offensive guard or strangely enough, fullback. There was talk last year of moving him to the offensive side of the ball, although he prefers D-line.

****, rok scouring the rooster again. I've never heard of this guy. But ****, he played ball, wrestled and did track for 4 years at STA. Was a captain of the FB team 3 straight years at a powerhouse HS. With Tucker out, lets move this big guy to FB to get some playing time. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the height to play line.

Colton Lynn Bio - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Advertisement

Buddy on the team says kids got one of the best bull rushes on the team but that his 5"11 height really works against him

sapp was only 6 feet tall is hall of famer. height doesn't really matter as much as leverage. if richt thought could play at miami he would have an offer.

Advertisement
STA = Saint Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, FL it is parochial school that has very good academics but is more so known as a football factory that has had more kids go on to play in the NFL than other school in the country in history.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Haven't seen him play. But it's telling that we are scrambling to evaluate a defensive tackle who is sub 6 feet. On ESPN the day before national signing day the primary analyst on their 2-hour preview show made an excellent point, that Florida in general and South Florida in particular have been all but void of highly rated defensive tackles in recent seasons. He said there have been a few guys in northern Florida but you have to go back to Marcus Forston in 2009 to find a top rated interior defensive lineman in South Florida. That's the frustration I've had, and have mentioned here to some opposition several times, that in attending high school games locally I simply don't anybody special at defensive tackle, my favorite position. Year after year there are running backs and corners and receivers galore, and always some edge rushers, but no monsters inside.

I was impressed that I saw the emphasis on lack of local defensive tackles on a national recruiting program, not a local version. That's a hint toward how bad it has been, when the national expert is well aware of it and makes it a theme on the main recruiting preview show.

He's in my Intro to Engineering class and I can definitely say he seems to be struggling in the class. Props to the guy for taking a relatively tough class considering he's on the football team. Definitely think he's under 5'11 but he looks like one strong ************

Advertisement
Back