collins mom and the lawyer

im curious about this whole situation, his mom wants to face some legal action toward collins signing with arky, if this continues i wonder if this will expose what happened with gatewood and arky (which we all can agree on was kinda fishy)

Last edited:
Advertisement
From the articles I read, it seemed that the hiring of the lawyer was more directed towards the press accounts of her "running off with the LOI." So she may want to pursue a defamation/libel type of action against the media.

Advertisement
I read a quote from thee lawyer about "unnecessary outside influences" and about looking into if any NCAA violations were made so basically either she read boards bashing Gatewood or she knows something happened so no matter what this situation isn't over.

Bluster. This lawyer was trying to get some pub. He got it, and now I bet the wind comes out of his sails because she ain't paying him.

Lets not forget that this kid told EVERYONE he was goin to be a cane, so she doesnt have to read the board to see that something is wrong

Advertisement
'Chise and I went to law school at UM with the lawyer. Given the nature of this lawyer's practice, I just can't imagine that he goes much farther with this case.

Bluster. This lawyer was trying to get some pub. He got it, and now I bet the wind comes out of his sails because she ain't paying him.

It all depends on whether or not there is actually a case here, which I very much doubt. I'm sure there are NCAA issues, but we all know the enforcement staff is overjoyed when kids don't come to Miami and will never investigate. If there is some sort of case here, the lawyer may try and make a big thing of this in order to get even more pub. Lawyers take on work like this all the time without money incentives. Why do you think Shapiro's lawyer stuck around?

I was listening to a national radio show and the host/callers were all pushing a theory that Miami must have paid her (or was going to). This could be the only reason that she hired an attorney. They figured that she either already spent the money or was ****ed that she wasn't going to get paid. Fuggin' idiots

I was listening to a national radio show and the host/callers were all pushing a theory that Miami must have paid her (or was going to). This could be the only reason that she hired an attorney. They figured that she either already spent the money or was ****ed that she wasn't going to get paid. Fuggin' idiots

None of these dudes understands the sixteen levels of impossible it is for us to pay recruits in order to come here.

1. We don't have the money to legitimately compete for anyone.

2. Even if we did, the NCAA watches our every move.

Those are the biggest 2/16.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back